"lucky Fourteen" Z06 Brake Upgrade

supersub

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be back on Monday from my vacation and hopefully will be able to jump all over this. It depends on how busy my work is. As for price, I'm hoping to be able to offer them cheaper but I can't say for sure until I get prices on the raw aluminum, hardware and anodizing. I will definetly be making them for the lowering spindles. I'm still working on a source for the calipers as well to see if I can get a group buy or just a cheaper source for us.

I'll be back on Monday from my vacation and hopefully will be able to jump all over this. It depends on how busy my work is. As for price, I'm hoping to be able to offer them cheaper but I can't say for sure until I get prices on the raw aluminum, hardware and anodizing. I will definetly be making them for the lowering spindles. I'm still working on a source for the calipers as well to see if I can get a group buy or just a cheaper source for us.

You are the man if you make this happen! thanks for putting in the effort and g'luck!

Well can't say I came up with the idea, thats why I asked Ray if I could use his design first, but I do have access to the machinery and have a few contacts to get good prices on different things. I'd hate to see something that can help some many people save so much money fall to the side.

Oh I know, I'm thanking you for putting in the effort to keep this thing going :D

So about the breaks, I know you posted the pn for the rotors, but how do we actually go about obtaining them? Do we call Baer directly or someone else?

Ray aka supersub is where I got the rotor part number. He can supply you with them or you can try contacting Baer directly. I'd suggest Ray since I know he is a really fair guy. If I remember correctly he charges only slightly more than Baer because he is making very little profit and you know its all the right stuff.

Oh I know, I'm thanking you for putting in the effort to keep this thing going :D

So about the breaks, I know you posted the pn for the rotors, but how do we actually go about obtaining them? Do we call Baer directly or someone else?

yeap, call Ray. I think I paid $600-$630 for both rotors shipped. They are heavy as hell too!

I don't know if you started gathering info on the C6 Z06 front calipers but just thought I'd try to see if I could be of any help. I emailed a few people about somewhat of a group buy for 10 sets of calipers and so far this is the best I've gotten:

If 10 sets are ordered, price would be $475 + $15 for shipping bringing the total to $490 Shipped.

They are for a set of brand new OEM GM C6 Z06 front Calipers only.

The guy said the price is only good over the phone with a MC/Visa and would prefer one transaction, and if that's not possible, he would have to wait till he actually get all 10 orders in before he could send any out.

He also said he'd do $475 for the rears if anyone was interested and could probably combine shipping for discount.

If a bunch of you guys want these calipers ASAP and can't wait, maybe someone could buy the 10 sets and send them out individually later on. If that's the case, he said he would ship all for $75 to that person. I don't have the $4,825 to front all sets but if someone does, maybe this will help.

I'll let you guys know if I find a better deal.

Edited by haul@ss (see edit history)

Unfortunatly there are no other manufactures of a 15" rotor to fit our trucks. the brackets were designed around them.

there were +'s and -'s for the use of both the caliper and rotor for our trucks,I just tried get the max from both of them.

It may be possible to do a group buy on the Rotors,but i do not wish to but 5K out and wait for a 7/6 % return.

BTW paypal went to 4% now.

let me now all interested and i will try to work something out.

Also Erik (dkcustoms) Is a good man to take point on the brackets.

Ray

I don't know if you started gathering info on the C6 Z06 front calipers but just thought I'd try to see if I could be of any help. I emailed a few people about somewhat of a group buy for 10 sets of calipers and so far this is the best I've gotten:

If 10 sets are ordered, price would be $475 + $15 for shipping bringing the total to $490 Shipped.

They are for a set of brand new OEM GM C6 Z06 front Calipers only.

The guy said the price is only good over the phone with a MC/Visa and would prefer one transaction, and if that's not possible, he would have to wait till he actually get all 10 orders in before he could send any out.

He also said he'd do $475 for the rears if anyone was interested and could probably combine shipping for discount.

If a bunch of you guys want these calipers ASAP and can't wait, maybe someone could buy the 10 sets and send them out individually later on. If that's the case, he said he would ship all for $75 to that person. I don't have the $4,825 to front all sets but if someone does, maybe this will help.

I'll let you guys know if I find a better deal.

Thats pretty a pretty good price. The best I could find besides Ebay at $975 shipped was from GMparts direct at $1105.92 shipped. The guy my buddy told me to call basically blew me off and wanted full retail. I'm not apposed to fronting the money for the calipers. But I really don't see any benefit. We'd save $7.50 a set shipping to me, but to ship them out will probably cost more than that plus shipping supplies and my time. Also paypal fees would kill any savings as well.

Edited by dkkustoms (see edit history)

Thats pretty a pretty good price. The best I could find besides Ebay at $975 shipped was from GMparts direct at $1105.92 shipped. The guy my buddy told me to call basically blew me off and wanted full retail. I'm not apposed to fronting the money for the calipers. But I really don't see any benefit. We'd save $7.50 a set shipping to me, but to ship them out will probably cost more than that plus shipping supplies and my time. Also paypal fees would kill any savings as well.

Are you going to make brackets. I'm looking for rears. If so what are you going to charge?