How Do I Prevent Theft Via Tow Truck?

So who's truck got stolen Steve my buddy with a black 02 tahoe just had it stolen last Tuesday night they found it by daylight sitting on the side of the road on the rotors with all sorts of stuff messed up sucks that's why blue thunder is staying in the garage a lot more now thank god I've got the iroc z to drive it attracts a lot less attention

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure exactly how it works and all, but I've got LoJack. There is more than one kind of system. One type you have to call and tell them your vehicle is gone. I have the better unit. I have a key chain and if the vehicle is moved more than a few feet it beeps warning you. This much I know. The rest I've never actually tested. But I was told that if the vehicle continues to move they call you and verify you are or aren't moving the vehicle and then contact the police. Now I could be way off but thats what I was told when I had it installed. But like fast4popper said once the alarm is sounded its already been compromised. I also know a guy that drove a wrecker and he agrees that if he wanted to tow something bad enough he would always get it.

• 1 month later...

guys lets face it, every alarm and technique that is out there had been covered by this thread already. the only way to prevent this is what fast4popper said earlier, "hire a personal truck watch." of course there are more extreme ways, but those are really only things that could happen in your dreams. most of which include the coroner paying your truck a visit and then a clean up crew. not going to happen!

One thing that hasn't been discussed line locks. Not the line locks for doing burn outs. But I remember seeing something that you hooked in line with your brake system. You would press the brake pedal and then lock the unit with a tube style key. When you released the brake pedal the brakes were still fully engaged. Once again it wouldn't totally prevent someone that really wanted your truck from stealing it but it would defineately slow them down and make a lot of noise dragging the locked up wheels.