Just Got My First Sss!

tpankratz

Just bought 05 silverado SS AWD in silver birch. I didn't get that great of deal but as soon as I drove it I was hooked and had to get it. I'm such a sucker for fast trucks. Anyway it has 84K on it, is there anything I should be worried about wearing out or are these pretty tough? I hope it lasts me a long time because it will be my daily driver. I drove my last truck every day for 8 years straight, finally wore her out.

i would look out for the front diff and the tranny. nice buy!!! :cheers:

welcome to the site too

I do hear a slight growling type noise coming the from the front end already. I am gonna try and drain teh fluid this weekend if I get a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

nice buy. glad to see another SSS around town, ive seen about 10 around here but nobody ever stops to talk. most of the drivers seem like they r older around here. i havent ever had a chance to run another ss ever. maybe some day. see you around

Welcome to the site! :cheers:

I'm an "older" guy, but I still recognize other SS drivers with a wave! :D

I not saying anything is bad about them being old. it just seems as if there truck are just normal old trucks the them. i have only seen one SS that has exhaust on it up here. i guess not may people up here care about the trucks like i do. everybody in there dog has a diesel up here. but i havent lost to one yet. man i love turboed motors. i ran two dmaxs yesterday and smoked both of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...