Woohoo! Pretty red brakes!

SinisterSS

Took all afternoon, but it was a good waste of time. Finally painted my calipers and rotor hats after having it on my to-do list for nearly 10 months.

Old, boring rear brake...

ssrearbrake01.jpg

Pretty, clean wheel...

sswheel.jpg

Oooo....red rear caliper & rotor hat

ssrearbrake02.jpg

Front brake...

ssfrontbrake.jpg

Nothing like a little red to make it faster!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! :thumbs: That's on my to-do list also, but I gotta get a bigger jack first. I went outside to do it a couple of weeks ago, and found out that the puny jack I had in the garage didn't have a chance of lifting the SS. At least I checked that before I started!

Bought the paint at a local autoparts store. Put on three coats over about 45 minutes for each corner.

This gave me time to clean the back side of the wheels up and detail the front side. Which I found is much easier to do when the wheel/tire are laying on the driveway than standing vertically attached to the SS!

Brake Caliper Paint-->Where to Purchase

As far as masking off the brake disc? I didn't! Stopping from 60 mph tends to burn paint right off of rotors where it matters most. :D

caliper.jpg

As far as masking off the brake disc?  I didn't!  Stopping from 60 mph tends to burn paint right off of rotors where it matters most.    :D

I thought that line around the contact patch area was a little too perfect! :cool: But doesn't that contaminate the pad or isn't it against the law or something :jester:

It is going to be tempting to paint over the pretty "V" on the Caddy's calipers when it shows up in two months. It'll need to match the SS of course!

Boil the hides of the caddy for me once!!, I test drove the local dealers silver one this weekend, and it would be a blast to own one, i'm jealous sinister!!

I'm going to do the same, but I'm going to take the capilers off, that way I don't paint the brake padstoo. I like the contrasing look between the pads and the calipers. I saw a auction on ebay at one time where a guy was selling vinyl lettering for your calipers, similar to this guy, but he had lettering that said super sport, corvette, iroc-z and others. I think it would look really good to say "super sport" in black, white or silver on red calipers.

Archived