2300 On Cathedral Port Heads

Hey guys,

I know I have been going back a forth between superchargers in the past 6 months but after my guys at Motor City Speed (W2W) called to order the 1900 setup for my 402 stroker and Magnason totally stepped up to the plate and decided to make me a 2300 TVS setup for my current Cathedral port heads. This will be the very first kit that magnason has put out for our head design.

I am still waiting on tons of other stuff to come in to make my way back up to the shop but I'll make sure I will take tons of pictures and post it in the "build section".

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. Help is on the way for those of you not wanting to switch head design to run the 2300!

Magnuson told me today that it will be at least another 1.5 weeks before the kit will ship. The engineers have been working on it. There has been some setbacks but they are working through the issues. This will be the first 2300tvs cathedral port truck package ever done. They are getting tons of calls for this same kit but they are holding off all of the other kits until ours is done and ships. Thanks for being patient but that is where we stand. Usually when custom kits like this come in, there is no garantee that everything will fit the first time either. We may need to go and get some parts custom machined and/or mail parts back and forth with Magnuson. So please don't expect the truck back one or two weeks after we recieve the kit.

Here is the email I just recieved for my tech at Motor City Speed.

Really exciting!

It should work out well for you. They should already have the main portion of it with the cathedral port setups they already have out there. Here are a few of them.

Link

Link

Link

The power gain is going to be impressive, especially on the torque side.

Someone over at pt.net made 727fwhp and 677fwtq with a TVS1900 and a 408. That is at the flywheel, but still impressive for the small blower.

It should work out well for you. They should already have the main portion of it with the cathedral port setups they already have out there. Here are a few of them.

Link

Link

Link

The power gain is going to be impressive, especially on the torque side.

Someone over at pt.net made 727fwhp and 677fwtq with a TVS1900 and a 408. That is at the flywheel, but still impressive for the small blower.

yessir! cathedral port 2300 checking in! although mine isn't really a production setup

yessir! cathedral port 2300 checking in! although mine isn't really a production setup

I think what magna charger is telling your builder is that they are putting together the first "kit." That's what I'm waiting on for my 1900. They have sold a few units like mine, but they were considered custom and Magna charger ended up in many cases eating a lot of overnight shipping for missing pieces here and there. I want a bolt in kit with as few hangups as possible, so they are taking there time and making sure they have the right BOM for the "Kit." The next guy to place an order will be happy when his kit ships in 4-5 business days because Magna charger took there time to get that BOM just right before sending ours out. At least that's how it was explained to me.

I think what magna charger is telling your builder is that they are putting together the first "kit." That's what I'm waiting on for my 1900. They have sold a few units like mine, but they were considered custom and Magna charger ended up in many cases eating a lot of overnight shipping for missing pieces here and there. I want a bolt in kit with as few hangups as possible, so they are taking there time and making sure they have the right BOM for the "Kit." The next guy to place an order will be happy when his kit ships in 4-5 business days because Magna charger took there time to get that BOM just right before sending ours out. At least that's how it was explained to me.

Yeah that is also the way I understood it. There have been kits before mine that have been pieced together (with fantastic results) but they are just using mine as the "model" for the production units.

I feel lucky and at the same time I just want the kit to ship already. I know the engineers at Magnacharger are taking their time to work out all the bugs to release the kit unit and with the weather breaking I am going crazy. :cheers: