• US Navy
    • US Air Force
    • US Army
    • US Coast Gaurd

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AD Air force here, been in a little over 3 1/2 yrs. Not in the chairforce either as 10Zin said lol. I do cable and antenna maintenance at WPAFB in ohio, we're the redheaded stepchildren of the Comm Squadron, because we're outside all the time and do real work. Plannin on cross-training into CE in the future.

I agree with the claiming to be a veteran only if you have been on a REAL deployment, there's a computer guy here that has one of those "iraq veteran" stickers on the back of his truck...He sat in an air-conditioned room all day... :dry:

I put in 6yrs to the AF as a comm/nav guy stationed at Offutt AFB working on the recon planes(Cobra Ball & Constant Pheonix) that make alot of you guys' ground work possible. Got to deploy all over the world, some great places some not so great(The Deid). Been out for about two years now. Great experience but glad to be out.

Have a good time back stateside, Marine. I remember getting my SS in 2005 and storing it in the garage for one year...bringing it out a year later with 4500 miles on it was like Christmas all over again. I served 21 years in Army tactical intelligence retiring as a 1SG with two tours of Iraq, last as a MiTT trainer of Iraqi soldiers and Sergeants. Been out two year, still working for the Army and still loving my truck. Couple of SSers on here are old soldiers of mine. Take care and Semper Fi.

Air Assault, Air Borne, Lightfighter!!!

Hello Marine SSGT, I see you have been promoted since last we talked. 9 years, 4 tours of combat, and 6 deployments equates to 21 years, 2.5 years in Iraq, 3.5 years on the DMZ in Korea, and other colorful assignments....Just kidding you.

Retired March 2007 as a First Sergeant and have not even put away my boots, uniform, or Class As. Drives my wife an Army CPT Physician Assistant (freshly back from her second tour to Iraq), CRAZY! Good Luck in your future. :cheers:

Army Sgt here in the Infantry. I did one tour to afghan. and one to Iraq. I got out in 10/2006 and was called back to active duty unfortuantaly after being out for 2 1/2 years. Now I am back in Fort Benning, Ga for a refresher and then going to Afghan. or Iraq for a third time. Good Shyt

Army Sgt here in the Infantry. I did one tour to afghan. and one to Iraq. I got out in 10/2006 and was called back to active duty unfortuantaly after being out for 2 1/2 years. Now I am back in Fort Benning, Ga for a refresher and then going to Afghan. or Iraq for a third time. Good Shyt

Spent time at Camp Cooke in 2004 attached to the First Cav. Got combat patched and combat spurred in. It was pretty cool, but the AF said no go on wearing any of it. I too got off active duty in 10/06. Good luck to you dude!

U.S. Army for 8.5 years, combat engineer. I will bid my 10th MTN bretheren a farewell in a few weeks and return back to the 54th family for awhile to finish up my third tour in Iraq. Three tours in Iraq and one in Korea. Never in one place for too long but enjoying the travel. Can't wait to get back to Texas. I love serving my country and want to say thank you to all the others that do the same.

In the Air Force 4 years. I started out as a traditional guardsman for Tulsa Air National guard. I am now in an AGR position in Houston serving with a detachment from Tulsa. We sit alert for the gulf region. We fly f-16s. My job is aircraft maintainer.

U.S. Army for 8.5 years, combat engineer. I will bid my 10th MTN bretheren a farewell in a few weeks and return back to the 54th family for awhile to finish up my third tour in Iraq. Three tours in Iraq and one in Korea. Never in one place for too long but enjoying the travel. Can't wait to get back to Texas. I love serving my country and want to say thank you to all the others that do the same.

cant wait to get back to texas either...miss the place so much, but instead I'm in ohio dealing with their winters :fume: . I'm originally from belton/temple

• 2 months later...
in the army, after basic do you get bootleave? before reporting for ait?

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! straight to AIT. unless your training falls on christmas then you will get to go home then.

i am on my 3rd mos

11Z

63B

soon to be a 31D CID federal Agent for the Army!!!!!! woot woot

SSG here