Strange sound when shifting

I've got the Superior shift kit and billet servos and pcm from Nelson Performance. This thing shifts HARD. When it hits second gear at or slightly below WOT I hear a quick squeal sound. Its definately not the tires. It sounds like a belt slipping. Its very irritating and I hope it is not causing any damage to anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts?

I've got that same quick "squeal" from first to second when you really hammer it in my C3 (I wish I could say it was a second gear chirp... :) )... But as far as I know, this truck is bone stock.. Are we still thinking the serp. belt?

I have the same problem, and Bill is the guy who put mine one. I washed my truck twice one day, because the car wash would not change my dollar, so I soaked it there and then had to go to another wash to rinse of the soap, that is the first time I noticed it. Do yall think it is time for a new belt already?

A goodyear gatorback might just be a little quiter during the shifts. I notice this too with crown vic cop cars we service. the stock belts will squeel during a WOT shift but a gatorback usually wil not.

May or may not work for you guys, but I think someone should try it.

Also a converter would take some of the harshness away during light accel. also make the truck quicker! :D

Archived