New Personal Best

brobradh77

brad i just think your truck should be faster than that as well its just something you have to find, hell there are many sss. with 112's and almost identical mods as you getting low 12's with no spray.

i do understand the heat/humidity hurting you , however f.i. will not notice it as much as n/a.

is your intercooler water pump working? what kind of heat exchanger are you running? ever considered meth?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brad i just think your truck should be faster than that as well its just something you have to find, hell there are many sss. with 112's and almost identical mods as you getting low 12's with no spray.

i do understand the heat/humidity hurting you , however f.i. will not notice it as much as n/a.

is your intercooler water pump working? what kind of heat exchanger are you running? ever considered meth?

he allready has meth........hey brad on your efilive graph what did you do to show the average?

Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

I checked it and it does turn on with the key in the on position so its good....I am only seeing about 8lbs. of boost with the spray..others are seeing 9lbs. or so on just the 2.8 pulley....I have never seen high boost numbers and we have checked everything for leaks and even removed the blower once to double check the gaskets..all is good and crank is pinned, no belt slippage..it is what it is.....I am running the stock exchanger from Magna Charger that came with the kit...The higher the intake temps the more timing it pulls...taking HP sorta speak....

Hell everyone one there was claiming to be running .5 sec slower than they normally do because of the air...who knows...I was honestly very happy with my 12.6..yes I am only disapointed in the fact I should have those numbers without the spray but it has taken me over a year of tweaking to get to this point...Over all I was very happy..I know I have alot left if conditions are right......Maybe everyone is right and there is a tweak or two missing Justin hasnt found yet.....He has been very helpful to me...I predict good things in the future...as far as Zippy's 11.xx prediction..I hope so ofcourse but i'm not holding my breath.

I really believe the solution is in the IAT's...but we will see

he allready has meth........hey brad on your efilive graph what did you do to show the average?

I dont think I did anything but highlight the area...have you tried that?

I checked it and it does turn on with the key in the on position so its good....I am only seeing about 8lbs. of boost with the spray..others are seeing 9lbs. or so on just the 2.8 pulley....I have never seen high boost numbers and we have checked everything for leaks and even removed the blower once to double check the gaskets..all is good and crank is pinned, no belt slippage..it is what it is.....I am running the stock exchanger from Magna Charger that came with the kit...The higher the intake temps the more timing it pulls...taking HP sorta speak....

Hell everyone one there was claiming to be running .5 sec slower than they normally do because of the air...who knows...I was honestly very happy with my 12.6..yes I am only disapointed in the fact I should have those numbers without the spray but it has taken me over a year of tweaking to get to this point...Over all I was very happy..I know I have alot left if conditions are right......Maybe everyone is right and there is a tweak or two missing Justin hasnt found yet.....He has been very helpful to me...I predict good things in the future...as far as Zippy's 11.xx prediction..I hope so ofcourse but i'm not holding my breath.

I really believe the solution is in the IAT's...but we will see

I dont think I did anything but highlight the area...have you tried that?

OK YEAH THAT WORKED THANKS.....

The IAT's are about normal for a Radix in the summertime. The timing being pulled is also pretty well on par with others. Don't cheat the IAT numbers or you'll be buying another motor. You do have enough mods for 11's with a 75 shot. Do you ice the blower down between runs? What was the temps when you ran? I know the humidity does have an effect on power. With Blackbear tuning your truck you are in good hands. I have no doubt he know's what he's doing. Trust me I'm not knocking your truck at all. Once you get everything working together you should be good for low 12's without the spray and mid 11's on the spray.

The IAT's are about normal for a Radix in the summertime. The timing being pulled is also pretty well on par with others. Don't cheat the IAT numbers or you'll be buying another motor. You do have enough mods for 11's with a 75 shot. Do you ice the blower down between runs? What was the temps when you ran? I know the humidity does have an effect on power. With Blackbear tuning your truck you are in good hands. I have no doubt he know's what he's doing. Trust me I'm not knocking your truck at all. Once you get everything working together you should be good for low 12's without the spray and mid 11's on the spray.

No I do not ice the blower between runs..I am going to get a chiller box built among other things to help with this...I have tried spraying the intercooler with nitrous but that does nothing for IAT's...It was around 80* when we were at the track.....I know your not bashing...your just stating you know there is alot left...I completely agree..I figure my truck should be 12.5 or a little better with out nitrous..as far as 11's I just dont think I am seeing the boost needed to get there.....

I have complete confidence in Justin and he also agrees that the IAT's are eating me up.

Like I said..i was happy to finally be in the 12's..it was a big accomplishment for me..is there more to be had? we shall see :)

I plan on trying out a few things and going to our local track to see what works and what doesnt..