Cf Cowl Hood Poll

CF Hood interest  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Interest

• Interested
    • Not interested

allright fellas, I was talking to a buddy that works for a paint/carbon shop in Indy, and told him i was going to have x,y,z pieces done in carbon, he mentioned that they were looking for pieces to make to fill their time in between races (they make carbon for the Indycar Series) and he made a comment about it being cheaper than the price i told him. long story short, i'm going to ask them about doing a cowl hood for our trucks. So my question is this: is there enough interest to produce carbon fiber hoods, which is significantly lighter than steel, and/or would you guys like to see a taller cowl? personally, i like the 2" cowls, but maybe 3 or 4 would be better?? i don't know how acowl hood would look on a hd front end, but it would have to look better than the "staircase hood" that they offer. Hopefully, i'll get up there this week and talk to them and geta feeler for prices based on interest. thanks

Edited by INDYSS03 (see edit history)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously interested. The hood would have to be reinforced at the hinges, the front corners, and latch with another layup of CF. 3" might be too much of a cowl for me, 2.5" might be good though. I would only be interested in making the cowl functional. Panel fitment would have to be OEM tolerance. I will want to paint mine, so top-side must be able to be finished. I also have a couple custom features I would want included :ninja:

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

mr. p, pm me and let me know what your "secret features" are, i'll keep them b/t the two of us, so i know what to tell the carbon guy.

also, i'll be using my truck for fitment, so it sshould be damn close to what everyone else has providing no accidents or anything, that's hard to account for on a custom piece. Again, these guys make carbon for Indycars, so it's good quality fiber.

Edited by INDYSS03 (see edit history)

Seriously interested. The hood would have to be reinforced at the hinges, the front corners, and latch with another layup of CF. 3" might be too much of a cowl for me, 2.5" might be good though. I would only be interested in making the cowl functional. Panel fitment would have to be OEM tolerance. I will want to paint mine, so top-side must be able to be finished. I also have a couple custom features I would want included :ninja:

Mr. P.

Steve didnt you have a topic about this a while back/ I thought i remeber seeing something about a CF hood in here before.

I was be curious for sure about it.