Police Crack Down

Rays B4U

Citizens must be tired of loud exhausts/stereo's. :nonod: We had the same laws in my town, but it wasn't something officer's went looking for, we would usually only enforce them when citizen's complained. And with all the publicity about the crack-down I bet the police still write many tickets. :sigh:

Citizens must be tired of loud exhausts/stereo's. :nonod: We had the same laws in my town, but it wasn't something officer's went looking for, we would usually only enforce them when citizen's complained. And with all the publicity about the crack-down I bet the police still write many tickets. :sigh:

i can understand someone running open headers through a neighborhood in the middle of the night but I can see this being taken too far

when I had my '99 Mustang GT I got pulled over because the cop said he thought I might have been speeding because my exhaust was too loud, but it had the factory exhaust, and while i was into the pedal I was only going 5 over

That doesnt suprise me at all. In high school we would always get pulled over for a Billy Boat exhaust on an older bmw and the stereo bumped up full notch (that stereo won a New England audio competition), and this was during mid day.

My neighbors hate me cause my truck is "too loud" (its stock) when I come home late.

I just remember the cop coming up to the car and he tried to say something to the car and my driver just said "what? I cant hear you"

:withstupid: Agreed! Someone here on the forum has under their avatar "Loud pipes save lives", and it is 100% true! :dry::driving::chevy:

Yea, I have a blind friend, and he cant hear priuses going down the street and walks out into the street, but if its got a exhaust he knows its coming and love's hearing the sound of all the cars too!! Its funny he can almost always tell you what engine is in the car that is passing too!

On another note i got a sound pollution for my stereo one, but I admit it was well deserved!!! We were hitting on these girls in the car next to me blasting 146 DB of bass and the officer heard me from 20 cars back he said, lol. He also said I have to give you a ticket, but you definitly have the loudest and best stereo I have heard in a car, and he was asking all kinds of questions, lol! :cool: