Gutted My Cats But Sounds Bad..

tburkdoll

now Im curious. what would be the best high flow replacement cats for our trucks?

like part number and what not. I think mine might get damaged *cough* and need replacing.

cause im tellin ya, When Justin tuned my truck and said my corsa sport sounded like the touring muflfler.. yeah... ouch lol.

magnaflow cats are good

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much better do the magnaflows flow better than stock? I'm looking at the 3 inch universal ones and Im kinda curious. Also wondering if it would change the sound of my exhaust since its so tame now. Magnflow Dosnt list them is high flow that I could find. Just spun substrate universal.

I just bought a set of "allflow" cats from frozenboost.com, they are a piece of pipe with a very realistic looking shell welded to them. It's as good as it gets IMO and theyre about 40 a piece.

Wow thats a good price! Considering magnaflows are $95 a piece...i'm kinda wanting to consider these but i'll still have black exhaust tips

Edited by SweetSS24 (see edit history)

guy you're talking about two different things...

the magna flows are actual catalytic converters vs. the "allflow" from frozen boost is just a straight pipe with a cat housing around it.

and the magna flows flow WAY better than stock, they sound almost like a straight pipe just "cleaner"

also the "allflow" cats are kinda just for looks in case a cop really wants to be an a-hole and get up under the truck.

guy you're talking about two different things...

the magna flows are actual catalytic converters vs. the "allflow" from frozen boost is just a straight pipe with a cat housing around it.

and the magna flows flow WAY better than stock, they sound almost like a straight pipe just "cleaner"

also the "allflow" cats are kinda just for looks in case a cop really wants to be an a-hole and get up under the truck.

lol i just looked..my bad

Anytime you hollow out cats, its gonna sound like shat. The sound resonates inside the cat and it sounds like crap. Any hi-flow cat is gonna open up the exhaust a lot though. Cats kill a ton of motor noise...

Far as the sizing, I would definitely check w/ one of the elders on the site. PM Krambo, he would know without a doubt.

Edited by ImpalaSSpeed96 (see edit history)

lol i noticed the bouncing of sound waves...i like the volume i have with the gutted cats but hate the cluttery sound so i'm doin what i can to fix it...just need to put in the magnaflow cats of whatever size krambo tells me i need and i think that should solve my sh*tty sound