Gaylord Lid Photo Gallery

I CORNER

I visited the Gaylord site today to re-visit their warranty terms and discovered that they are using MY pictures of MY truck with their lid. 2 of the 11 gallery photos are mine. I am flattered, but shouldn't they have asked me first? Or even offered some $ for plugging their product?

http://www.gaylordslids.com/speedsturr.asp

Rick R

I was just about to say, I sent an email off to them earlier about an official yes/no from Gaylord's themselves (something I can take to a dealer and say SEE HERE) on whether or not the Speedsturr lid would fit on an SS with the stock tailgate cap...

It took them a few days and the response I got was yes, it will fit and they even have pictures of it. I checked and they sure do - yours!

I mentioned this site and the posts on it in the email so I'm wondering if thats how they located your pictures? Or did you show them yourself? I'd be flattered, but it would've been nice of them to ask permission first. My understanding is, your pictures are not protected by copyright unless noted somewhere (either on the picture itself or in caption text).

As long as the picture aren't copyrighted and do not show any recognizable people or information, like your license plate, they are fair game. You'd think the company would at least offer some compensation,but they don't have to. See if you can talk to someone in their PR department and they may offer something. Good luck. :chevy:

I don't know if the regular X2000 would fit, as the extra room that the hollow Speedstur Wing provides may be what makes the cover work on the stock SSS tailgate cap. I would think that a rounded or square end to the lid would cause fitment problems. Photos of the SnugTop appear to show that the rear edge is "bulbed" some to permit sufficient room to fit the SSS tailgate cap.

Rick R

You must have bitched enough, the pics are gone dude. :crazy:

:D

Yep, the pictures are definitely gone. Gotta give them credit for removing them since the owner didn't want them up.

I still won't be ordering the lid until the whole heat-causes-excessive-expansion problem is resolved. Great fit & looks be damned - if they give him the run-around on something like that, which is a ridiculous problem that *most* bed covers do not have, I most definitely can spend my money elsewhere.

Archived