trail blazer coverter swap

The reason the trailblazer on will stall higher is that is is designed for the smaller engine in mind and the converter is smaller. Then when you put the big power of our motors in front of it it stalls higher. This trick was done years back by the Impala SS crowd using the S-10 torque converter in the Impala SS for a higher stall. It was popular for a few years and worked out OK, but then it got to a point where the heavy, more powerful Impala SS was chewing them up.

It would be interesting to see someone try it out though.

Bryan

If it is just a GM painted one then I love it.

Yes, got the tranny built and new PT3000 installed by Joe.  All I can say is  :eek: hold on!

I hear it is AWESOME! Congratulations.

Can you tell me about your built tranny? I leave my truck there at Joe's next week for the same kind of work. Accumulator pistons to clutch packs to hardened shell and bands and TT3000 converter, I think.

Do you know if he used 3 washers? And do 2-3 and 3-4 feel like the 1-2 shift? I trust Joe. He really seems to know his stuff and do a great job. And I know I'm doing it backwards... tranny first then power addr, but I can't make up my mind between several options for making power. STS Turbo, Radix, Whipple Hot Rod... too many choices.

Yes, got the tranny built and new PT3000 installed by Joe.  All I can say is  :eek: hold on!

I hear it is AWESOME! Congratulations.

Can you tell me about your built tranny? I leave my truck there at Joe's next week for the same kind of work. Accumulator pistons to clutch packs to hardened shell and bands and TT3000 converter, I think.

Do you know if he used 3 washers? And do 2-3 and 3-4 feel like the 1-2 shift? I trust Joe. He really seems to know his stuff and do a great job. And I know I'm doing it backwards... tranny first then power addr, but I can't make up my mind between several options for making power. STS Turbo, Radix, Whipple Hot Rod... too many choices.

Naw, you're doing it right. The jury's still out on those turbos, just give your truck to Joe and he will bullet-proof it for anything you throw at it later. No matter if you go turbo or blower, you'll need a beefed-up tranny either way. :chevy:

On the topic, I still haven't decided what to do about the Trailblazer converter (P/N 24215557). It's between this one and the TT2600. With the core and shipping, the TB verter is around $200 less than the Yank.

Someone on another board said the TB verter only tows 3,000 lbs because it is in a 6-cyl, but that's just bunk. The 4.2L 6-Cyl tows up to 6,100 lbs with 4.10's, and I bet the only reason it doesn't tow more is because of the motor, not the tranny/converter:

Trailblazer Towing Specs

The guy I traded PM's with on LS1Tech.com says the TB verter brake stalls to 2400 and flash stalls to 2800 in his truck. Sounds a lot like the TT2600. I've got a PM into him about his truck - the specs. I'll report back here when I hear back from him so we know what power those stall speed belong to.

All I can say is :eek: hold on!

Well, you are going to have to say more than that. I've been waiting on someone to install one of those. How is the normal day-to-day driving with this conveter? Have you had it in traffic yet? Does it feel sloppy in the lower rpms with light throttle?

Yes, got the tranny built and new PT3000 installed by Joe. All I can say is :eek: hold on!

If you would just get some power underneath the hood, we'd have a reason to hold on. ;)

I leave my truck there at Joe's next week for the same kind of work. Accumulator pistons to clutch packs to hardened shell and bands and TT3000 converter, I think.

Wow, Brent. Really taking off on the truck lately. What has gotten into you? Glad to see it. :thumbs:

If you would just get some power underneath the hood, we'd have a reason to hold on. ;)

I know this is the only time I will ever be able to say this too you but.....I have enough power to beat you at the moment. :jester:

Speaking of power under the hood. I just bought a new 6.0 block to start playing with in the garage over the next year or so. :thumbs:

Archived