SS top end shut-off

Krambo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is interesting.. I had a 2002 2500 HD Duramax and it governed around 95 I wonder if my 2003 does..Haven't tried it yet in it. I thought that all vehicles had the governors in them..except for the Z28's and Corvettes? I could be wrong though. O do you have a power programmer or some other module that eliminated the top speed governor?

-Corey

had my 03 - 1500 w 4.8 up to 110mph did not shut down...

Maybe downhill.

Mine doesnt "shut down" it just stops accelerating at 97 mph.

All the half tons are limited to 97, but its not a rev limiter or a fuel cut, its an electronic throttle stop, so you dont feel it, it just suddenly stops accelerating, which is why if your going down hill you can go a bit faster. :thumbs:

My '99 "new Style" 5.3 X-cab 4x4 completely shuts down at around 97mph. It is a noticeable event, not the smooth throttle limiter you mention. Once the truck reduces speed below the 95 mark, it will pick back up. The "Power Programmer" effectively took care of this problem...not that anyone needs to go 110 in a 4x4 truck ;)

My '99 "new Style" 5.3 X-cab 4x4 completely shuts down at around 97mph. It is a noticeable event, not the smooth throttle limiter you mention. Once the truck reduces speed below the 95 mark, it will pick back up. The "Power Programmer" effectively took care of this problem...not that anyone needs to go 110 in a 4x4 truck ;)

Thats cause you dont have the ETC that the 2003's have. We have the first trucks to come equiped with it. :thumbs:

(Electronic Throttle Control) :flag:

the 03' isn't exactly the first truck to come with etc. previous 2wd models with traction control also got it. the newer trucks are still limited. the throttle just slowly closes until it hits the selected speed. i have yet to drive an 03' that didn't have the 97mph speed limiter.

the 03' isn't exactly the first truck to come with etc. previous 2wd models with traction control also got it. the newer trucks are still limited. the throttle just slowly closes until it hits the selected speed. i have yet to drive an 03' that didn't have the 97mph speed limiter.

well...come to southeast Missouri and you can drive my 3500.... :D

had my 03 - 1500 w 4.8 up to 110mph did not  shut down...

Maybe downhill.

actualy... no bull shit... now that you mention it.. it could have been help from the overpass.... I was on the FWY... the peak of a overpass... anyone in Orange County should that drives the 405 knows the overpass... 405 south transition to the 22 FWY... I was charging up the hill about 90-95 by the time I was 1/8 mile away back on the flat road I looked at the speedo and was at 110... and let off...

because looking at the headlights behind me getting too small too fast...

Especially those red and blue lights that were flashing way back there? :jester:

You must have done that in the middle of the night. Usually there is way too much traffic to do a stunt like that.

had my 03 - 1500 w 4.8 up to 110mph did not  shut down...

Maybe downhill.

actualy... no bull shit... now that you mention it.. it could have been help from the overpass.... I was on the FWY... the peak of a overpass... anyone in Orange County should that drives the 405 knows the overpass... 405 south transition to the 22 FWY... I was charging up the hill about 90-95 by the time I was 1/8 mile away back on the flat road I looked at the speedo and was at 110... and let off...

Yea man, dont get me wrong I wasnt callin BS, I'm just sayin you had to have some extra help to get it there without modifing the CPU :thumbs:

Archived