In Mourning..

so i never thought I'd be writting this thread, but after confirmation from the body shop, my beloved ss is gone. In a single second of un-attentiveness by me, my truck is gone. To give a little background, i went to a lunch friday for my brother-in-law who was getting married that evening, and as I was leaving the parking lot, i looked down for a split second and hit the concrete support pole exiting a parking garage :( I was initially stunned at what had happened, but after a few seconds, i realized what had happened. omg, i thought, as the dust from the air bag settled, and I heard the hissing from the radiator, i had ruined the second most important thing next to my son, my truck. I really don't need anyone telling me what a dumbass I am for hitting a concrete pole, but thought i'd fill you guys in. It really feels like a relative died, I feel horrible! I put my heart and soul into this truck, it was who i was, and to see it sitting lifeless in the body shop, I almost cried, the good thing is that they all understood how I felt, the wife doesn't, but they do. I hit the middle of the bowtie right in the middle of the piller. completly smashing the front end, trashing the core support, fenders, rad, tranny cooler, etc,etc. So I hope I am still welcome around here, as I really feel a part of something, as the truck was more than rubber and steel to me. Unfortunately, it will be a while before i get another one due to financial difficulties, but i will have another one!! thanks for listening to my thread, I really have no one who would understand like you guys would. Thank You.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:tear: I am sorry to hear Joe, I m guessing there is frame damage too? All I can say is....salvage title, that is the route i'd go if I were in your shoes......then build her better then new. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck with your situation.....

BTW, don't be silly, you are still welcome here, we all do stupid crap sometimes. :chevy:

I had insurance, the body shop where she was at(which is the best one in Indy fwiw) was at 12K damage and climbing. Unfortunately, the funds just aren't there to buy her back, so away she goes. I'm gonna try like hell to get her back, but it was bad. I'll have pics in the next few days, thank god for gap insurace though, but i'm really down

That's Horrable!

Really sorry to hear the bad news. Damn!

Good luck bro, I'm sure you'll find yourself another real soon..

You can tell the wife to imagine if she had a new diamond ring. Say 1 ct. center stone and it was surounded by smaller diamonds.. One day she bumps it and didn't realize the center stone fell out until she got home. How would she feel? Just a portion of what your feeling.....

That really sucks, accidents happen tho atleast no one was hurt.

:withstupid:

Sorry to hear about the truck bro, just look on the bright side, your in one piece! I'm sure you'll find a replacement sooner than later and build it better, just stay positive man.

Sorry to hear it brother.

Agree on the GAP coverage. I'm way upside down on my truck KBB/Payoff.

So so sorry to hear it.

You better stay around! If you don't, how else will you keep up-to-date on what to do with your next one???

With all your SS experience, you can cherry pick the perfect one next time! We all have those; "If I had it to do over again..." thoughts. Now you do! (a little ray of sun on the cloudy situation)

Build her better!

...You can tell the wife to imagine if she had a new diamond ring. Say 1 ct. center stone and it was surounded by smaller diamonds.. One day she bumps it and didn't realize the center stone fell out until she got home. How would she feel?...

That wouldn't work!

She'd just make him buy her a new one! Women have it good like that... :jester: