In Mourning..

With all your SS experience, you can cherry pick the perfect one next time! We all have those; "If I had it to do over again..." thoughts. Now you do! (a little ray of sun on the cloudy situation)

Build her better!

I could not agree anymore. I am sorry to hear your loss, things will brighten up.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming you have full coverage, they will give you a price on how much they would give you for the truck. they will also give you a lower amount that they would give you if you wanted to keep the truck

when some lady hit my '94 I felt the same way, my dad had bought the truck new and gave it to me as a graduation present, I loved that thing and because some lady was in too big of a hurry to follow the parking lot and was cutting across it was taken from me

I had gotten the offer mentioned above and when I saw the truck sitting in the body shop it was hard seeing it like that and couldnt bring myself to have it towed home

Wow, really sorry to hear about your truck, Joe. :tear: That was one good-looking ride. At least you and you family are all right. THAT would have been tragic. Maybe you can get another by next year. People are selling them all the time 'cause of gas prices.

Wives rarely understand. My wife still says "It's just a truck." then she shakes hear head when I bring home another trophy or someone yells out on the street what a good-looking truck it is.

I know it's hard right now but keep your chin up. You're a good guy and good things will come to you. :cheers:

i feel so sorry for you bro, i know you and me really dont get along, but one thing we are is crazy for our trucks, i feel the same way you about your truck, when friends ask me if i have a girl friend at the moment, i say your looking at her, and point at the SSS :D:jester:

they really become part of the family, anyways the good thing is that your ok, and now all you have to do is find another SS, and treat her with some TLC

good luck :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that. Talk to our finance company and the body shop. You might be able to get the truck back. Then either part it out for a newer one or slowly rebuild it yourself. The body shop charges alot for paint labor. They add that in when they decide if the truck is totaled or not. You could rebuild it for a lot less.

omg man thats terrible. my first truck i had an accident with i put alot more time and money into and i wrecked it twice. and rebuilt it both times. i know what it feel like to see her that way. keep your head up you will get another and this time you know exactly how you want it to be, better and badder!

Sorry to hear that. Talk to our finance company and the body shop. You might be able to get the truck back. Then either part it out for a newer one or slowly rebuild it yourself. The body shop charges alot for paint labor. They add that in when they decide if the truck is totaled or not. You could rebuild it for a lot less.

bingo!, when somebody wreckd my friends rumble bee ( the same won i raced a while back ago) he bought it back for like 2,000$, and now hes making it even badder than before (srt 10 hood and bumper, kepping his 26 inch asantys but installing airbags and all types of small goodies) its in L.A. right now.

anyways just try doing talking to them, i hope they say yes :chevy:

i would get another estimate on the truck.. the alleged best of anything is ALWAYS way over priced. work with your insurance co. on by back.

a little hint.. when i was towing there was 2 body shops here that we would tow for. both would jack up the est. on a wreck if the vehicle was something special, insurance would total it, and they would buy it fix it for little money and labor and resell it for a large profit. i would get a second opinion..

BTW..how fast were you going to do $12K in damage :confused:

good luck

:seeya:

sorry ! Im glad your ok atleast..

When I totalled my 01, My insurance company totalled it, bough it back for me, and then paid me the difference.

Just a thought, Take your agent out for lunch, and kick it over... who knows :dunno:

Good luck on your future endeavors ! :cheers:

i feel so sorry for you bro, i know you and me really dont get along, but one thing we are is crazy for our trucks, i feel the same way you about your truck, when friends ask me if i have a girl friend at the moment, i say your looking at her, and point at the SSS :D:jester:

they really become part of the family, anyways the good thing is that your ok, and now all you have to do is find another SS, and treat her with some TLC

good luck :thumbs:

what do you mean we don't get along?? I don't remember issues with you or anything. just wondering.

Thanks for all the support guys, just a little update, the final estimate from the body shop was 11K, 3 of that was for the front bumper assembly. I told them I can get it way cheaper than that, but if it works out, I might be getting my truck back, just have to have all the stars align right :fingersx:

I can post the estimate and see what you guys think if you want