2bfast's Build

2bfast

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Greg! Don't let Brian wire the damn thing. Can't wait to see this thing done.

No worries, I got that under control. We didn't get much done on sat but we planed it out and I am working on getting the supplies we need. I tested the solenoids on the bench just to see how much current the really pull. I was surprised. The fuel solenoid was about 2.6 amps, purge was about 9 amps and the NOS was about 9 amps. We are going to fuse the install so there is no way we are going to have a short cause a fire in the truck. there are current calculation that we use at work to size the fuse to the application. I am going to run the numbers and compare them to what I figure in my head.

We are going to hide as much wiring and NOS line as we can so the install looks clean and tight.

Edited by Shade_Tree (see edit history)

Lookin nice Brian and company. Is it gonna be together by the GTG in April?

Not quite sure if i'll be spraying by then....but thats definatly what we're shooting for. With not being able to work on it during the week cause of work, its hard to make good progress in a short amount of time.

BUT, I think for whats left it can be achieved in alittle over two months

As of right now, this still needs to be done:

Wire in the solenoids, bottle heaters, and dash switches

Wire in the Autometer Fuel and Nitrous pressure gauges, also the PLX A/F gauge

Install the PLX wideband 02 sensor and modual

Make up a couple more nitrous lines, and remount the bottles and blow down tubes

Fab up a plate for the gauges in the center console

Wire in the window switch

Get and install Walbro intake fuel pump

Appearence:

Fab up a panel for the back of the cab where the back seat used to be.

Have new underhood "mirrors" made

Finish the LED install with the rest of the misc lights.

and last of all.....CLEAN THIS NASTY F'ING THING!!! :( Its so dirty. I'll most likely spend a good two days on this when I get to that point.

The meets in April and you won't have all that done :confused:

Just take next weekend and get a pallet of beer and finish the thing already :smash:

Lookin good buddy :thumbs:

I know I know....im making it seem like its a lot to get done when it really isnt. But we are taking our time and doing things once. It'll be worth it......trust me :jester:

I know I know....im making it seem like its a lot to get done when it really isnt. But we are taking our time and doing things once. It'll be worth it......trust me :jester:

trust you :uhoh::jester:

And I hate to break it to you, but you know you will wind up doing it again....like when you swap in a bigger motor :driving:

trust you :uhoh::jester:

And I hate to break it to you, but you know you will wind up doing it again....like when you swap in a bigger motor :driving:

And I know that I don't have time for that :smash: . The wire won't take that long. I'll take bets that once it's all install he'll hit the NOS the first chance he gets. I'll have the tow strap ready. :driving:

And I know that I don't have time for that :smash: . The wire won't take that long. I'll take bets that once it's all install he'll hit the NOS the first chance he gets. I'll have the tow strap ready. :driving:

yee o little faith :wtf: