Pistola

KissMySilvSS

Well as the title says, I rec'd my pistol permit today! 4 long months of waiting are finally over! So I need help choosing my first pistol, I have pretty much narrowed it down to Glock, but I am between a few models. I know there are plenty of enthusiasts and LE gents here, so please chime in.

I like the G17, but would rather have the G22 for a standard size pistol because of the bigger caliber. I'm not 100% set on the G22, would also be interested in the G37 or the G21, hopefully you guys can give me some pros/cons. I was also thinking about the G19 for my 'every-day' concealed carry compact, wouldn't mind the G25 either. My friend has the G26 for his every-day carry, but it just doesn't fit my hand...I know you can get the clip extenders, but I have heard many cons about them.

I would love to go on a spending spree right now, but I have to reserve myself a tad. But here are a few I intend to pick-up over time (no particular order):

Taurus Judge

Springfield .45 TRP

COP 357 Derringer

Sig .45 P220 Sport

Maybe a compact Springfield or Kimber .45

Anywho, I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks guys!

Kimber all the way. I always thought they were over priced for looks only kind of guns till I shot my buddies. I got rid of my Glock, Ruger Super Blackhawk, and my S&W 44 to buy my Kimber. I don't get to shoot it all that much anymore but when I hold it it feels like an extension of my hand. It is truly my favorite gun.

if you have the money to put down go kimber i have one and love it but rarely shoot it lol guess i got it for that ohhh factor. like my glock because its reliable and it didn't cost too much, but my favorite has to be the h&k .45 simply my all time favorite pistol.

if you have the money to put down go kimber i have one and love it but rarely shoot it lol guess i got it for that ohhh factor. like my glock because its reliable and it didn't cost too much, but my favorite has to be the h&k .45 simply my all time favorite pistol.

don't own any but shot many and that HK .45 ohhh la la love it! :M16:

My first pistol was a Glock G29, the sub-compact 10mm. I chose this because it does not have the penetration of the 9mm but it does not have the recoil of the 45. I have shot several thousands of rounds through it and had no problems at all. The only drawback is that the rounds are kind of expensive and I can only find them in 180 grain rounds. It is VERY easy to break down and clean and is probably the most reliable pistol I have ever used. Every time I take it to the range, everyone wants to know how such a small pistol can pack suck a punch.

I also have a Smith and Wesson M&P 45. It is easier to find different loads for this one and is almost as much fun to shoot. It is harder to carry concealed but packs more of a punch. I use a 9mm Beretta at work (I am in the Army) and I would not suggest this frame to ANYONE. I have not shot the H&K .45 but from what I hear you can't go wrong with that one either, it will probably be my next buy, unless I go for the pure testosterone handgun the Smith and Wesson 500 or the Desert Eagle. There is just something about having a hand cannon (not practical at all but it would so much fun at the range!!!!!) Anyway, just my two cents.

thats funny you had to wait that long to get a permit. in idaho if your a resident you just go buy what ever you want and take it home with you that same day no permit needed...lol. i have a beretta px4 storm .40, its bamf

http://www.berettale.com/images/PX4_L1.jpg

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Kinda partial to the Glock 22, due to the fact I have one and love it. When I was in the Army I carried a 1911 A1, (still partial to that one too) luckily I got out before we made the transition to the 9mm. For a wheel gun I like the old S&W 686. Another "hand cannon" is the S&W model 29.

:flag: