Headers That Bolt Up To Factory Ypipe?

Merc Dr.

I've been reading old topics for an hour now. Can anyone tell me if there is a LT header out there that bolts right in. I don't want to spend 1300 on dyna's (complete set up)and from what I can tell the pacesetters need to have new y-pipe/cats fabbed up. Is it just the shorty's that bolt in? I don't want shorty's. I haven't examined my stock exhaust yet. Is it possible to cut down the stock y-pipe and just add a flange to bolt up the LT's?

The SSS does not have a Y pipe, it is true dual all the way back to the muffler. Dynatechs bolts right up to the factory exhaust system, or any cat-back of your choice. I believe the OBX kit(old Dynatech design) is the same way....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

The SSS does not have a Y pipe, it is true dual all the way back to the muffler. Dynatechs bolts right up to the factory exhaust system, or any cat-back of your choice. I believe the OBX kit(old Dynatech design) is the same way....

I was looking at OBX, but was worried about emissions. I think here in IL we just do the OBDII check, can't remember for sure.

I just looked under the truck. I was thinking it had a Y-pipe because my Corsa cat back is 2into1. Do the OBX pipes have one bolt up flange and one slip fit? My set up is unique. I have the 2 pipes going into a small x pipe. One end goes to the muffler and one to an electric cut out.

I was looking at OBX, but was worried about emissions. I think here in IL we just do the OBDII check, can't remember for sure.

I just looked under the truck. I was thinking it had a Y-pipe because my Corsa cat back is 2into1. Do the OBX pipes have one bolt up flange and one slip fit? My set up is unique. I have the 2 pipes going into a small x pipe. One end goes to the muffler and one to an electric cut out.

Illinois emissions are OBDII scanned. They check for DTCs. If you are looking at a cat delete then just get a diablosport and block the O2S or get a custom tune and block them. It works :thumbs:

They will see if your truck has recently been cleared of codes and recent drive cycles and warm up cycles. Open loop functions or a O2S "Not supported" tune will not be seen and you will pass emissions.

Edited by Punisher (see edit history)

Illinois emissions are OBDII scanned. They check for DTCs. If you are looking at a cat delete then just get a diablosport and block the O2S or get a custom tune and block them. It works :thumbs:

They will see if your truck has recently been cleared of codes and recent drive cycles and warm up cycles. Open loop functions or a O2S "Not supported" tune will not be seen and you will pass emissions.

Thanx. How do you know all this being from WY? Is it published somewhere, or are you in the field?

Doug, maybe one of the ss trucks this weekend will have a header set up you can look at. Like Mike's truck if he is there, he has the dynotechs which the obx is the same thing. I went into emissions for some time with my headers and past the OBD II each time, untill they put the sniffer in the pipe. I aslo past an inspection by a state patrol officer and the emissions inspection.

Doug, maybe one of the ss trucks this weekend will have a header set up you can look at. Like Mike's truck if he is there, he has the dynotechs which the obx is the same thing. I went into emissions for some time with my headers and past the OBD II each time, untill they put the sniffer in the pipe. I aslo past an inspection by a state patrol officer and the emissions inspection.

Iknew the dyna's have actual cats in the ystem. The OBX is just a bulge to look like a cat. I just didn't want to put $1400 into headers.

if the cats bother you then the obx headers may not be for you. The obx bolt on system is 500 bucks and it bolted to joe's corsa system very well. The headers alone for the dynotechs are around 800 i think but like you said the bolt on system is VERY expensive. You could always buy the OBX system and sell the cats, cross over and have a real cat put in place, and at least you get a stainless header for our crap weather. Or you could get pacesetter and spend less for the header but have to coat it and have cats added as well. You could use the headers that MR P just put on, they are stainless, but i think they are 1.875 primary tubes and for your mods it may make more up top but your going to put your torque further up top as well. You'd have to have a custom cat set up for those headers as well. Worst case maybe you can buy the obx system and find some one selling or wants trade real dynotech cats for obx fake ones. not sure if they bolt right up but the obx is a copy of the dynotechs.

Brad

• 3 weeks later...