Scheduled Downtime For Oct. 10th

sk_josh

Question

• Admin

SilveradoSS.com will be going down for maintenance for a few hours on Oct. 10th while we upgrade our server. We will be installing a brand spanking new Dell Poweredge r710.

3382596437_80b9d236cb.jpg

The downtime will is scheduled to occur at Noon EST, Oct. 10th.

The new server is a lot more powerful than our current one, and user's should notice faster page load times and the absence of internal server error 500's. We have been working hard for the last couple months in preparation for this, so thanks for bearing with us as we finally put to rest the problems we have been having with out current setup. I know it has been extremely frustrating.

In the coming weeks, I will have more announcements regarding upgrading our forum software to Invisionboard 3 bringing new site features, a completely revised supporting member program, a shiny new skin, and more!

Thanks!

Josh

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

and as for you why are you trying to start sh!t?thats why i said IN MY OWN OPINION and i do stay out of it i have better things to do with my time......... :rollin:

Maybe you don't know who I am ... I don't start shit ... I FINISH IT! hahaha

I just don't understand why you have to impose your will or opinions on items that (by your own admission) don't use or frequent. What does it matter what they do in a place that you don't go? I don't go in there but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a place for people who do like to go in there.

In My Opinion ... why don't you lick my balls ........ hahahahaha (working on an Ricky Bobby joke here, "with all due respect")

Thanks for keeping us updated..i'm still having problems especially if I try to access the site from AOL for some reason...If I have problems I can go to IE and for some reason the problems go away.

Oh and I do not like Burger King...I feel we should close them all....lol

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

Maybe you don't know who I am ... I don't start shit ... I FINISH IT! hahaha

I just don't understand why you have to impose your will or opinions on items that (by your own admission) don't use or frequent. What does it matter what they do in a place that you don't go? I don't go in there but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a place for people who do like to go in there.

In My Opinion ... why don't you lick my balls ........ hahahahaha (working on an Ricky Bobby joke here, "with all due respect")

the reason why i vote no on the shout box is because that sh!t slows the site down before this website ran like a champ!!!

in my opinion ....chupa verga!!!!!hahahah(working on a pancho villa joke "with all due respect b!aaaaatch") :jester:

the reason why i vote no on the shout box is because that sh!t slows the site down before this website ran like a champ!!!

in my opinion ....chupa verga!!!!!hahahah(working on a pancho villa joke "with all due respect b!aaaaatch") :jester:

So you want me to put your genitals in my mouth in order to reform the agrarian system and advocate for the poor? I don't get it.

I blame all the gif avatars, high resolution sig pictures, and google ads before I blame the shoutbox for the slow site. The shoutbox was shut down due to vulgar language and social politics ... not resource performance, regardless of what they say.

And good job on completely missing the Ricky Bobby reference.

im gone for a year and a couple months and people are just ape shit crazy for this shoutbox....what did i miss?

Didn't miss much bro... The SB was used and abused with nothing but BS going on... Pretty much a "Myspace" type of deal....

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

I guess I must have missed it too then ... everytime I got on all I saw was buddies shooting the breeze with each other. Not that it mattered much but at least 1/3 or the talk was autorelated, but I didnt expect technical talk on a 'chat' feature. I didn't get on much but when I did it was exactly what I expected a 'chat' client to be. Myspace is a blatent attempt to slander, I would call it more like real-time PM'ing.....it is what it is ... a chat client.

I'm ignorant to the whole Shoutbox war that has been raging for ever now. What is the 'real' reason people don't want it around?

I blame all the gif avatars, high resolution sig pictures, and google ads before I blame the shoutbox for the slow site.

I agree with this statement. Everytime I scroll and hit one of the .gif sig pictures my cable internet powered webpage comes to a stand still untill it is completely loaded.

Shechuled?

She-chu-led???

Sorry had to do it. LOL

It was daring Me.

Shout box never bothered me. (As long as I had the option to keep it hid). I can see it helping like mentioned if your in the middle of something and needed to have an answer asap

Someone can always make a room "SSS" on MiRc or even Yahoo at that.. I don't know if AIM lets you create rooms. I don't go there.

As for the site. I haven't had any problems the last few days :cheers:

• Admin
Shechuled?

She-chu-led???

Sorry had to do it. LOL

It was daring Me.

Shout box never bothered me. (As long as I had the option to keep it hid). I can see it helping like mentioned if your in the middle of something and needed to have an answer asap

Someone can always make a room "SSS" on MiRc or even Yahoo at that.. I don't know if AIM lets you create rooms. I don't go there.

boy i butchered that lol! 3 pages later and we finally noticed.

i fixed it just for you haha

Shechuled?

She-chu-led???

Sorry had to do it. LOL

It was daring Me.

Since turnabout is fair play, I pointed out your spelling and grammatical mistakes to back my boy Josh. They were daring me to. :jester: