Scheduled Downtime For Oct. 10th

sk_josh

Question

• Admin

SilveradoSS.com will be going down for maintenance for a few hours on Oct. 10th while we upgrade our server. We will be installing a brand spanking new Dell Poweredge r710.

3382596437_80b9d236cb.jpg

The downtime will is scheduled to occur at Noon EST, Oct. 10th.

The new server is a lot more powerful than our current one, and user's should notice faster page load times and the absence of internal server error 500's. We have been working hard for the last couple months in preparation for this, so thanks for bearing with us as we finally put to rest the problems we have been having with out current setup. I know it has been extremely frustrating.

In the coming weeks, I will have more announcements regarding upgrading our forum software to Invisionboard 3 bringing new site features, a completely revised supporting member program, a shiny new skin, and more!

Thanks!

Josh

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Admin

Part of the reason why we took the shoutbox down is because it is very intensive on the server.

Once the new server is in place, we will be upgrading to Invision Power Board 3. IPB3's shoutbox has more features, is more stable, and uses less resources.

At this time I will look at bringing it back. If it does come back, it will be "at your own risk".

Part of the reason why we took the shoutbox down is because it is very intensive on the server.

Once the new server is in place, we will be upgrading to Invision Power Board 3. IPB3's shoutbox has more features, is more stable, and uses less resources.

At this time I will look at bringing it back. If it does come back, it will be "at your own risk".

:pop:

• Admin

Just to clarify- this downtime will last approximately 24 hours. :crazy:

This is because of the time required to allow the new DNS server information to propagate.

Josh and I will be in touch later today or this week to give everyone more information regarding this switch.

IMO this site is a better place without the shoutbox again IMO