Scheduled Downtime For Oct. 10th

sk_josh

Question

• Admin

SilveradoSS.com will be going down for maintenance for a few hours on Oct. 10th while we upgrade our server. We will be installing a brand spanking new Dell Poweredge r710.

3382596437_80b9d236cb.jpg

The downtime will is scheduled to occur at Noon EST, Oct. 10th.

The new server is a lot more powerful than our current one, and user's should notice faster page load times and the absence of internal server error 500's. We have been working hard for the last couple months in preparation for this, so thanks for bearing with us as we finally put to rest the problems we have been having with out current setup. I know it has been extremely frustrating.

In the coming weeks, I will have more announcements regarding upgrading our forum software to Invisionboard 3 bringing new site features, a completely revised supporting member program, a shiny new skin, and more!

Thanks!

Josh

• Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

c mon bro dont bs your self you know thats not what is discussed on the shout box!!!!!!!!

thats funny cause i believe i was giving a step by step instructions on the shout box on how to drop my tank ,pull the basket and yank the pump out and replace it , and i also was given a step by step instructions on how to do a relearn on my cpu, also was given a step by step instructions on how to change my injectors, and i also was told how to fix lil things in the matter of mins. numerous times as appose to searching web sites and the internet for hours to try and find the same info... just so you know!!!!!!!

Didn't miss much bro... The SB was used and abused with nothing but BS going on... Pretty much a "Myspace" type of deal....

it can get a lil more drama in there then i like to see sometimes but it is a great way for fellow members to write and get to know each other that would normally not meet. but with the knowledge of some of the people on here " fireman, sprayed99, wody,chase,moderators.... the list could go on for days" anything you could possibly need to know is at your finger tips......

thats funny cause i believe i was giving a step by step instructions on the shout box on how to drop my tank ,pull the basket and yank the pump out and replace it , and i also was given a step by step instructions on how to do a relearn on my cpu, also was given a step by step instructions on how to change my injectors, and i also was told how to fix lil things in the matter of mins. numerous times as appose to searching web sites and the internet for hours to try and find the same info... just so you know!!!!!!!

it can get a lil more drama in there then i like to see sometimes but it is a great way for fellow members to write and get to know each other that would normally not meet. but with the knowledge of some of the people on here " fireman, sprayed99, wody,chase,moderators.... the list could go on for days" anything you could possibly need to know is at your finger tips......

You can find all those write ups and more with a simple search on this site and it takes a few minutes not hours.

Last time I checked this was not an on line dating service.

You can find all those write ups and more with a simple search on this site and it takes a few minutes not hours.

Last time I checked this was not an on line dating service.

so no chance of you taking me here art? *bats eyes*

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...p;hl=paranormal

I do not understand why people are so against friends being able to talk to each other on this site. I thought that is what this site is about? We are all enthusiast but give me a break..no one talks strictly about cars/trucks 100% of the time..That would just get old...If thats all you do is date your truck then there are sections in this forum for you and for everyone else there are sections for anything you want to discuss.

If I have a problem with my truck then I can find the info I need on here by searching or the former shoutbox has helped me before. But if I am just just looking for which gold bond is best for the boys then I should be able to do that also and I have with wonderfully bliss results..lol..:pepsicheer:

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

I do not understand why people are so against friends being able to talk to each other on this site. I thought that is what this site is about? We are all enthusiast but give me a break..no one talks strictly about cars/trucks 100% of the time..That would just get old...If thats all you do is date your truck then there are sections in this forum for you and for everyone else there are sections for anything you want to discuss.

If I have a problem with my truck then I can find the info I need on here by searching or thef ormer shoutbox has helped me before. But if I am just just looking for which gold bond is best for the boys then I should be able to do that also and I have with wonderfully bliss results..lol..:pepsicheer:

I prefer lotrimin

DRAMA!

Geez, all this talk about Myspace and such, read this damn thread, it is no better then the crap that used to go on sometimes in the Shout Box. All the BS aside, I miss the Shout Box......I feel it brought unity/commeraderie/friendship among the members. Not to mention, for some of us that work in an office all day, it helps break the monotinous cycle of daily tasks and cubicle walls that surround us. Being able to chit chat on a break to vent about work, or just shoot the breeze with someone 1000 miles away was kind of neat IMO.

DRAMA!

Geez, all this talk about Myspace and such, read this damn thread, it is no better then the crap that used to go on sometimes in the Shout Box. All the BS aside, I miss the Shout Box......I feel it brought unity/commeraderie/friendship among the members. Not to mention, for some of us that work in an office all day, it helps break the monotinous cycle of daily tasks and cubicle walls that surround us. Being able to chit chat on a break to vent about work, or just shoot the breeze with someone 1000 miles away was kind of neat IMO.

:withstupid: Couldn't agree with your more. Well said.

No offense to anyone in the thread but this back and forth fighting is even worse than myspace. Come on we are all adults and if don't like the shoutbox don't go in it and if you do like the shoutbox go ahead. Just like anything else in life not eveyone is gonna agree with everything and you can not please everyone. Is a stupid shoutbox really worth a 2 page thread of fighting????