Dyno'd The Truck

shadowsniper3006

Went to the dyno today after installing the victor jr intake with green top injectors, aeromotive fuel rails, custom elbow, and TBSS 90mm TB. The truck ran 423 to the wheels before with the truck intake but was running rich at 10.8 and had IATs in the 90's.

Zippy was there to do the tunning and boy did he tune it. Truck started out lean and made like 427 to the wheels but after a couple pulls he had it dialed in and i made 464.9 to the rear wheels with 408 torque. Hp was at 6278 and torque was at 5630 rpm. This compares to 423 hp at 5902

so my hp went up in the rpm and so did my torque. The HP curve went up to a point that worries me. I cross the lights at 5700 so the truck intake i would think is better suited to my 1/4 mile runs.

would i recomend this intake on a stock cubed motor not realy sure. i think with the same level of tunning i would have come with in 10 hp of this with the truck intake and the hp peak would be lower. so take it for what its worth but i think the truck intake can support 12's with a well tuned truck. and have less heat soak.

if you do the math using 22% loss(this is what zippy told me to use) it comes out at 596 hp at the crank on a stock cubed NA 364 CI motor. I'm happy as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

track testing is next and i'm little worried about the high hp curve but we'll see how she does.

This was done on a mustang dyno, using 5230 Lbs. for weight, this is what my truck weighs with me in it. The current AFR is 12.8 average to 13.2 at its max point at 5200 rpm.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn fine numbers sir! I will be interested in your track times now for sure. Sounds like you have one potent H/C truck...now get the spray!

I guess this question will be more directed to Zippy however how much spark advance are you running with your set-up now vs. the old tune? Converter locked during the pulls?

yeah Kevin i have no idea about the spark but yes just for the dyno pulls he locked the converter very early in the rpms so they could see the curve locked the whole time. I see from the charts it locked at 4000 rpm

the intake has the nitro daves rails in it but they are capped off right now. If the money is there next year will be a hundred shot if zippy is in the area to tune for it and monitor it VERY close. No need to blow this motor just yet

I'd have to go back through the logs, I'll do that here in just a few. Congrats on the numbers for sure though. The guys at the dyno shop I'd also like to say thanks to since they were very nice considering our group. lol

here is my old dyno sheet. The changes where the victor jr and all the stuff needed to run the victor. Iat's where about 20 degrees apart

scan0001.jpg

torque is the bottom line.

so not looking at the cover sheets and just looking at the graph it looks like the victor intake torque is 408 at 5630 and the truck intake is about 389 at 5461 so i made 19 more foot lbs and moved it up 169 rpm.

so there is the victor vs truck intake on my set up