Dyno'd The Truck

shadowsniper3006

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your right Joe, 13.0 is still a good time for stock cubes NA. I had my eyes set on 12.6s though so i was little let down. Zippy has the truck running so good, i was sure i would see a new PB. Even the mid range driving in the city feels very strong now. But i'll find what ever it is and i'll get back to the track this year or next.

i was thinking about it but i wonder what its power band is now that its taller. I assume that means longer runners as well and at this point i want short runners to get the HP in the 4000-6300 rpm power band that i need.

but at any rate, i'm not done with this intake.....mark my words, i'll see high 12.6s.

You are running real good NA times, a year or two ago people would have called foul for going that fast with a NA truck.

How about it. I think I would have called BS first. I did everything in my power to do a 13.9 NA...to run a full second faster than that on stock cubes NA is great in a AWD SSS!

but at any rate, i'm not done with this intake.....mark my words, i'll see high 12.6s.

You'll get it. It takes alot of tweaks to maximize the 1/4 mile time.

Forget the cool air, see if you can figure out your DA on the best slip compared to your new one.

i guess i was so excited about the 12.82 i never took any notes on temp, wheel pressure, cool down time or any thing i normaly keep tabs on. I remember it was like 50 degrees but other then that i have no way of knowing da for that slip, unless i can look up wisconsin weather for october 3rd 2008 at 7:25 pm.

yeah Kevin she runs good, very good and i made my goal to be a 12 second NA stock cubed SS. Even fast4popper thought i was nuts for that goal, but she did it, and i'm not done yet. with zippy helping to look over some logs, we'll get her running better ETs, but boy it feels strong now.

My son finally arrived though, so now most of time will be spent there. Any free time i'll spend with my dad hunting, and then logging and tunning after that. Might take me untill next year, but it'll get worked out.

start at 50psi, if the track will hold it then i go to 55. Last time out a was at 40 to see if that would help the 60 foot time, but i only felt it spin once. One run it spun half through 1st gear, the other 2 runs i thought i got traction. Yet my 60 foot times are 2 tenths slower then they should be.

i also set the rear air bags to 40 psi to stop weight transfer and help traction but i don't know if they help or not. I'd need to see a vid of my truck launching with no psi in the bags and then at 40 psi to see if they even help. point of fact since the bags i have not been able to 60 foot in the 1.6s or low 1.7s, but that could be track prep, DA or just something starting to go bad in the truck.

I think whatever is causing the loss in the 60' time is where the problem is. With your converter you should never see a 60' above a 1.7 unless it's spinning.

really ? damn wish my 60's would be 1.7 or less lol ok theyre 1.70. but i am spinning on the bead.

hey bro, mark your rim and tire. see if youre spinning on them.