11.4sec Silverado

TYMBOM

dont take this the wrong way because i like you setup. Why with 18psi and a regular cab are you only running 11.4s???? your truck should be well into the 10s

I agree. I have discovered a way to push a factory stroke 6.0L into the 10's and it will be a power adder but not boosted :devil:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, there are a few things at work there.

1) It was on my stupid heavy 22's

2) The rubber on the stupid heavy 22's are almost completely bald all seasons, not dr's

3) The track, Castrol Raceway in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is in fact at 2200ft

The truck was ran in complete street trim. Nothing was changed for the track, I drove it there and ran it. As far as tens, that could be possible with a few changes...... I hope.

My 60lb injectors are maxxed out and I am short shifting at 6300ish RPM instead of 6700rpm where it should. The new 83lb injectors will solve that issue.

Obviously dropping to a 20" rim with drag radials will make a huge difference as well.

Lastly, with a full C-16 race fuel tune I will be putting down approx. 100 more rwhp.

With all of those things and a nice cool day, not hot like it was when I ran last, there is a chance I could break into them.

That being said, I do really enjoy the fact that I ran 11.4 in complete street trim and then got booted off the track for going to fast without a roll bar.

I think it is more impressive than have a super sick time on the track but dog it on the street. I can mess people up the same no matter where we line up ;)

Edited by TYMBOM (see edit history)

I have discovered a way to push a factory stroke 6.0L into the 10's and it will be a power adder but not boosted :devil:

Awesome, too bad it'd have to be put on a tricycle or in a baby stroller. How come there are zero time slips with any vehicles into 10's on here if you can do it will "a power adder"?

This isn't meant to start a flame war, however, there are more than a few of us here with many 10's of thousands into our rides that are not into 10's. Plus, the engine is only part of the equation. You need more than just a good motor to hold up to the demands of getting down the track that fast.

I really hope this doesn't start drama, but I do want to know what you're talking about.

Awesome, too bad it'd have to be put on a tricycle or in a baby stroller. How come there are zero time slips with any vehicles into 10's on here if you can do it will "a power adder"?

This isn't meant to start a flame war, however, there are more than a few of us here with many 10's of thousands into our rides that are not into 10's. Plus, the engine is only part of the equation. You need more than just a good motor to hold up to the demands of getting down the track that fast.

I really hope this doesn't start drama, but I do want to know what you're talking about.

sprayed99 im sure is talking about n02 im sure :devil:

total invested in the truck with buying it will be less than 20K. Just taking a 6.0L block that is thicker than .300 on the trust side of the cylinder wall and going .60 over on it. which will make it a 376 @ 11.2:1 CR. On a 200 shot should easily make 700 to the tires. with the suspension I'm doing should be easily in the 10's. It will not be really street friendly, but that doesn't matter to me.

It is all in the induction.... the intake, heads, and cam will be where to majority of the cash will be spent.

I dont have a slip because it is not done.... but I will have one to back the run as well as plenty of video footage.

The heads are still the part I'm "up in the air" about. I haven't decided between a set of Darts that are worked or L92s either way we are talking more than 3K in heads alone :( .

I will be using all ARP hardware with Wiseco pistons and compstar rods.

What site did you come over from???

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

I wish you all the luck in the world. There is a difference between "discovered a way", and testing a theory you have though ;) I used the Dart heads for what it's worth.

Theroy has been tested..... just not on this site.... and has proven to run 11.3-11.1 in 3 different single cab trucks consistantly... that is N/A....I'm adding a healthy shot on top of it.

And its not just the "DARTS" it matter who is doing the wok on the heads. They wont be some run of the mill CNC job. they will be done 100% by hand. Also done by one of the best LS head porters in the country.

You are awefully cocky and upfront for a newbie on a forum with somewhat embrassing times for your set up. I dont want to hear anymore "Ford" excuses either.

Theroy has been tested..... just not on this site.... and has proven to run 11.3-11.1 in 3 different single cab trucks consistantly... that is N/A....I'm adding a healthy shot on top of it.

And its not just the "DARTS" it matter who is doing the wok on the heads. They wont be some run of the mill CNC job. they will be done 100% by hand. Also done by one of the best LS head porters in the country.

You are awefully cocky and upfront for a newbie on a forum with somewhat embrassing times for your set up. I dont want to hear anymore "Ford" excuses either.

Lol, you're funny. I'm not cocky at all. Quote me once where I was. You are the cocky one who doesn't even have a time slip questioning others. As far as excuses???? I don't need any excuses for running a very fast 11.4. New on the forum, yes. Have to worry about E-thugging from someone without a timeslip, not likely, try again.

How about we end this stupid flame war now as it has no merit what so ever.

Lol, you're funny. I'm not cocky at all. Quote me once where I was. You are the cocky one who doesn't even have a time slip questioning others. As far as excuses???? I don't need any excuses for running a very fast 11.4. New on the forum, yes. Have to worry about E-thugging from someone without a timeslip, not likely, try again.

How about we end this stupid flame war now as it has no merit what so ever.

LMAO you said you didnt want to start a flame war. Now I see why you left the other forum. I have a feeling you will get the same treatment here if you continue the path you are on now.

E-thggung??? are you kidding? Sounds to me like you need to spend less time on the forums defending yourself, and spend more time getting your truck to run like it should.

You asked how I can run that number? you got the answer.... Anything else? PM me I will deal with you there.