Got A New Project

fox_forma

pics of the 4 link :D

Sure why not, like mentioned this whole rear will be re-done. Pretty shotty job to begin with, the welds in a lot of places are garbage. Most likely cut out everything and re-do it or possibly just get a complete bolt on rear kit from suicidedoors. Oh everything is really dusty in the pics.

Picture040.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture046.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

lets play a name that tune, who can guess it first....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK6M2KrylMo

Oh yeah got everything else for the truck now except the motor situated, got me a 3 link, new rims, drop spindles and some new air management. Motor is my next step.

everyones telling me a spun bearing but I have great compression in all cylinders, oil pressure is good, no metal shavings in oil or anything. I never had an exhaust leak but when I had the trans out and fired it up with open headers the noise was there but barely. After putting everything back together the noise got 20x louder. Going to pull off the valve covers and go from there but any ideas on what the noise sounds like is welcome.

like i said, i have no idea...only reason i said exhaust leak is i thought maybe it was something strange like a hole was in one of the primaries or the gaskets were shot...good luck figuring it out though, hopefully nothing too serious

lets play a name that tune, who can guess it first....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK6M2KrylMo

Oh yeah got everything else for the truck now except the motor situated, got me a 3 link, new rims, drop spindles and some new air management. Motor is my next step.

Glad you got a new link setup for that. Looks like a hack job. It is a no no to weld the link bar tabs to cast. You will have better geometry with the forward link setup. Did you get the SD 3 link? I had that on my s10 and it worked great! It is super beefy and it got rid of all my wheel hop.

yeah picked up a brand sd 3link locally off some kid for about half of cost. The reverse four on this thing is weak. The bars aren't beefy at all and like you said the welds of the tabs are ass. I want to get it running properly at least for now, I am selling the bed, cover and rims on it now, by the time I am done with it my way I should have less than $1500 in it all together and still have a nice ride to drive to work. Everything is getting pulled and redone, the notch looks like crap, the BOA brackets connected to the notch are upside down so when aired out its still about 4in from the ground if not more. The panhard bar is cast and rusted through and snapped so the whole rear I will be doing myself here and there but it shouldn't be hard or that expensive as long as I search around. Selling the rims on it now and the bed will put me at about even besides the $300 clutch so its a process.