Got A New Project

fox_forma

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the battery charged back up it fired back up. Now its sqeeking and knocking, geeze. But on the other hand I have it back up on jack stands and was able to get under it better with the stethescope and right at the front bottom pulley it where the main noise is really loud. With this being the crankshaft I'm not sure where I stand. Sounds like a bearing froze up

Drop the oil pan and take a look. It could be a fukt up thrust too. I know it all sounds like a pita, but sometimes you gotta do all that crap to figure it out and may have to rebuild the entire motor. If that is the case, you may really want to start looking into a swap.

To drop the pan the motor has to come out anyhow. I may be going another route though. I sold off a lot of shit so basically the truck is free as it sits, I may sell the rest of it off and keep all the new air ride gear and buy a running s10 that is stock and bag it while it still looks stock. We'll see though, just ideas for now.

I bought all new lines, bags, tank, 3link and drop spindles. I am looking at a pair of viair 480's locally and after that I am pretty much set. If I can get a stocker in good shape, I can notch it myself and just put the new stuff on that and be done with it and have a reliable daily, would just have to weld a few brackets, panhard bar and shocks.

I would get 2 Air Zeniths. My friend has gone through 5 of the 480s. Viair makes a bad ass compressor, but a few other of my buddies are running the Zenith and have had no trouble and they come with a lifetime warranty. Just something you may wanna look into. They are rated at 200psi too and seem to fill 10gal way faster!

Yeah I was looking at some AZ comps but they aint cheap and I was hoping to find it locally for cheap, possibly used. I bought everything else pretty much 50% off just looking around. Just got a brand new never installed SD 3link 99% bolt on for $300. Keeping the funds down is the game plan. I am trying to make this truck my local DD to and from work and still be able to throw my kx450 in the back and drive to the track or trails.

Yeah I was looking at some AZ comps but they aint cheap and I was hoping to find it locally for cheap, possibly used. I bought everything else pretty much 50% off just looking around. Just got a brand new never installed SD 3link 99% bolt on for $300. Keeping the funds down is the game plan. I am trying to make this truck my local DD to and from work and still be able to throw my kx450 in the back and drive to the track or trails.

Some killer deals and a good plan! If you keep searching around I really would try to find an AZ. They cost a bit more but have proven to be more reliable and down time on a bagged truck sucks. Carry a low profile jack and some blocks of wood just in case.