Got A New Project

fox_forma

Sorry for not getting back to you ssplaytoy, my comp crashed after the newest firefox update for some reason and I have been trying to get it back to where I had it so I haven't been able to get the vid emailed to you. I planned on pulling the valve covers this weekend but I started a kitchen remodel last week and after majority of it was all done we ran into major issues so I spent all week re-doing a bunch of things. Its been hectic but I should be able to tear into it tomorrow and I will try to shoot you over that vid. You have a cell that accepts VIDS? I could send it that way if you wanted to PM me the #, just a thought.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with hydraulic lifters should there be any movement at the rockers at all? I pulled the valve covers and 4 out of 6 rockers I could wiggle easily side to side while the others were tight. From what i am reading if you have gydraulic lifters they should be all tight with no lash. Can anyone confirm?

SSplaytoy, after my comp crashed I can seem to get anything to work right, my ipod doesn't connect, my camcorder isn't being seen and my phone won't connect either so I will keep trying so I can shoot that vid over to you.

with hydraulic lifters should there be any movement at the rockers at all? I pulled the valve covers and 4 out of 6 rockers I could wiggle easily side to side while the others were tight. From what i am reading if you have gydraulic lifters they should be all tight with no lash. Can anyone confirm?

SSplaytoy, after my comp crashed I can seem to get anything to work right, my ipod doesn't connect, my camcorder isn't being seen and my phone won't connect either so I will keep trying so I can shoot that vid over to you.

My friend is supposed to be bringing me over some speakers for the computer later so I should be able to check out the video hopefully :fingersx:

And yes, with hydraulic lifters, there should be a constant pressure on the rockers. You may have a few clogged or bad lifters if some of the rockers are loose.

Nothing like a good friend to bring you some speakers, ha. I sure and shit hope I found the problem and its not something else major. The rocker arms have side to side play as where I can easily turn them back and forth a 1/8" or so. I can also tell a few of them arent snug onto the rod.

Nothing like a good friend to bring you some speakers, ha. I sure and shit hope I found the problem and its not something else major. The rocker arms have side to side play as where I can easily turn them back and forth a 1/8" or so. I can also tell a few of them arent snug onto the rod.

A little play side to side is normally, he told me he will be here around 9 so I will let you know :thumbs:

sounds good, I do have a little more info as well which leads me to think it has to do with the lifters and rockers. I started it up with the valve cover off on the pass side. Only two rockers are pushing oil through. The very front rocker which is cylinder 2 and the rear second most rocker for cylinder 6. Should all of them be flowing? The two that are working are steadily flowing out of the rocker arm holes.

sounds good, I do have a little more info as well which leads me to think it has to do with the lifters and rockers. I started it up with the valve cover off on the pass side. Only two rockers are pushing oil through. The very front rocker which is cylinder 2 and the rear second most rocker for cylinder 6. Should all of them be flowing? The two that are working are steadily flowing out of the rocker arm holes.

Speakers don't work. He told me it has to be the card in the computer most likely :dunno: Im not a computer guy really so I will take his word for it. But all of them should be pushing oil up. Hopefully none of them fukt up the cam any.

pretty sure the motor is done. Put some Mystery oil in it and let it run for a little went to shut it down and before I got to the key it died, won't crank over. The motor will turn for a second then game over. Oh well, maybe a 4.8 motor is in the works.

well get a good charge on the batttery or jump it and give the starter plaenty of power. the starter could have quinkidinly quit caring at that so happen time . at worst your bearings are done and a r+r is in need or find a decent pull out lsx motor to drop. just do a 6.0 out baby the 60 until you can put a little shiftkit in it and have fun with it .

Its weird though, right before it shut down on me the knocking went silent and it sounded almost like a bearing froze up somewhere. I put the battery on a charger for now and tried to crank it over and had no luck. I pulled the belt, let the batt charge a little more and it turned over but the battery gave out it seemed. Its a newer battery, only like 2 months old so who knows. Will see what happens in the morning I guess.