My Clone Build

Ruben525

well the way i got my seats functioning 100% in my truck was i took the floor harness out of the donor truck and rewired it in my truck everything was plug and play and i have had no issues with anything my seat heaters work my seat position memory everything.....

That's a good way to do it. I don't think my seat heaters or seat position memorys gonna work since I don't have everything but o well I'm just happy I got my seats but it would be great if everything worked on mine

well the rebuilder I had bought the truck from did it for me, I'm not positive exactly what he did,,,But from what I remember he just moved the wires around in the seat harness so they matched up to the truck harness,, He said that for some reason GM changed the order of the wires around but kept all the same wires & plugs,,,I think he just had to match up the colors,,,as for my SS,,,, I had bought it as a recoved theft,,,The rebuilder had replaced everything with OEM parts accept the wheels & seats, So I replaced that when I bought it,,,Then I made a stupid decision to sell it and have missed it ever since,,Thats why I'm gonna make this Reg-cab a true clone with cladding and all,,,Got all the cladding & center console from "Gasemall" just hav'nt had the cash to get it all painted blue,,,,

Yea it takes time but I know your gonna love it when it's done now I just need to save up for the lq9. Hopefully next week i'm gonna order my ss 22's if I have time. How do you like your ss 22's? I'm not sure if I'm gonna like em chrome on my truck I might get em painted stock gray but well see

Yea it takes time but I know your gonna love it when it's done now I just need to save up for the lq9. Hopefully next week i'm gonna order my ss 22's if I have time. How do you like your ss 22's? I'm not sure if I'm gonna like em chrome on my truck I might get em painted stock gray but well see

well I liked the way the 22" replicas looked but at the time the prevous owner that bought them didn't allow for the 2/3 drop and got too big a tire & they rubbed pretty bad, And rather than spending a ton to get smaller 22" tires I just traded another member my 22's & some cash for chrome SS 20's & all the SS cladding,,,,

Edited by miSSouriSS (see edit history)

well I liked the way the 22" replicas looked but at the time the prevous owner that bought them didn't allow for the 2/3 drop and got too big a tire & they rubbed pretty bad, And rather than spending a ton to get smaller 22" tires I just traded another member my 22's & some cash for chrome SS 20's & all the SS cladding,,,,

Damn sounds like a good deal oem 20's and cladding

Damn sounds like a good deal oem 20's and cladding

I ended up giving $700 to boot for the SS 20's, cladding, and console. Then I paid just over $600 for new tires, but we both got what we were looking for & It'll be worth it when I finally get the cladding on, I can tell that from the pics of yours.

I ended up giving $700 to boot for the SS 20's, cladding, and console. Then I paid just over $600 for new tires, but we both got what we were looking for & It'll be worth it when I finally get the cladding on, I can tell that from the pics of yours.

Yeah, it worked out well i think. Now get that shit done Les, so we can see you at the GTG in KC in April !!!!

Yeah, it worked out well i think. Now get that shit done Les, so we can see you at the GTG in KC in April !!!!

I'm working on it, I'd have more to spend but everytime I pay my pills, They send me more the next month :P

It's good when you come up on deals like that. Everyone wins

• 2 weeks later...

I put my seats in yesterday, wired everything up and they look alot better. I found about 3 dollars in change when I took my stock seats out got myself some lunch with that :D . The only thing that bothers me is that I feel alot closer to my steering wheel and they feel like they sit higher to. Is it just me or are they thicker and higher then my stock seats? I can't go any ferther back because of my speaker box. Also I just ordered my SS 22's I should have them on by next saturday I can't wait.

post-11481-1266186660_thumb.jpg

post-11481-1266186672_thumb.jpg

post-11481-1266186693_thumb.jpg

post-11481-1266186704_thumb.jpg

post-11481-1266186727_thumb.jpg

post-11481-1266186742_thumb.jpg

Nice!! another thing i hate about the ss seat is you cant fold them up to get behind them you can only move um up so far i cant even fit my head behind um when i put all the way up!

Yea it sucks I put my sub box in befor I put my seats in. The seats just feel alot bigger that's the other down side about them it feels like I have alot less room and I'm way closer now.

Nice!! another thing i hate about the ss seat is you cant fold them up to get behind them you can only move um up so far i cant even fit my head behind um when i put all the way up!

they might be similiar, i dunno.

but in my 2 door s10 blazer, i put 4 door front buckets in it and they weren't made to flip forward for access to the rear. what i did was swap out the seat hinges and associated hardware out of my 2 door buckets into the 4 door buckets and it all bolted right into the 4 door bucket seats. and now they flip forward. :cheers: