My Clone Build

Ruben525

I'll trade you! LOL but I do wish I has a real Super Sport! :(

I thought the same thing when I had my rcsb...then I sold my built SS and bought another rcsb cause I missed mine...There is something about the "short/wides" that looks sooooo sexy...

-truck looks really good,imo its the way GM should have built them......

I thought the same thing when I had my rcsb...then I sold my built SS and bought another rcsb cause I missed mine...There is something about the "short/wides" that looks sooooo sexy...

-truck looks really good,imo its the way GM should have built them......

I love my truck but imo there's nothing like a real Super Sport. One day I hope I'll have a real one and my rcsb I think that would be sick to just have both of them parked next to each other. I'm kinda glad that GM never made a rcsb clone because it's been alot of fun building mine and it's something different when it's all done.

I had the first orange 2003 rcsb that came to Bakersfield. Spent a good bit trying to clone it but in the end just went for the real deal. Got mine (the first silver one sold in Bako) at 3-Way. I really like your truck.

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)

I had the first orange 2003 rcsb that came to Bakersfield. Spent a good bit trying to clone it but in the end just went for the real deal. Got mine (the first silver one sold in Bako) at 3-Way. I really like your truck.

Thanks, Thats Cool You Had The First One? Do You Have Any Pics Of Your Old rcsb? Are You Originally From Bakersfield?

Orange03-38.jpg

I had the first trucks in both of these colors that came to Bako. Moved to Cali in 98, lived there til June of 09. Economy got my business so I bailed. Life is good now in central Alabama.

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)

Orange03-38.jpg

I had the first trucks in both of these colors that came to Bako. Moved to Cali in 98, lived there til June of 09. Economy got my business so I bailed. Life is good now in central Alabama.

Yea The Economy Still Sucks Here But Thats Cool You Got The First Ones

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! I just wish I had the seats and 6.0 then I think I could really call my truck a clone

I finally found my seats and console. :D I had to drive two and a half hours to pick em up but it was worth it. Im gonna try and put everything in this week but im missing the glovebox bezal. I think im just gonna cut my stock one and make it work.

post-11481-1264977483_thumb.jpg

ahhhh nice! u get seats and my truck dies lol atleast someone is havin a good night.....

they look reallly clean. r they from the same year truck kus the airbag system is differnt from 03-04 till 05-07 classic.......it suked but i had to swap over it all!

good luck let us know how it goes for the install....

ps i can prolly get u a glove box piece pm me if uir interested

ahhhh nice! u get seats and my truck dies lol atleast someone is havin a good night.....

they look reallly clean. r they from the same year truck kus the airbag system is differnt from 03-04 till 05-07 classic.......it suked but i had to swap over it all!

good luck let us know how it goes for the install....

ps i can prolly get u a glove box piece pm me if uir interested

Yup it was a good day I was happy as hell. Im not sure what year there from I think he said 05 I was to busy drooling over the seats lol. What do you mean you had to swap over it all? Why did your truck die?

I finally found my seats and console. :D I had to drive two and a half hours to pick em up but it was worth it. Im gonna try and put everything in this week but im missing the glovebox bezal. I think im just gonna cut my stock one and make it work.

sweet,can't wait till I get all my cladding on so I can start working on finding seats for my reg-cab, Do you think you'll have an issue with your airbag sensor in the seats? Reason I ask is I bought my 06-SS as a recovered theft,,So I had to replace a few things the thugs had took, including seats, I bought a leather set from an 05 Silverado and had to have someone switch the wires around in the seat harness to get my airbag light to stay off,,, I read somewhere that you can just change out the sensor in the seats, anyways just thought I'd mention it so you know whats up if your airbag light comes on after putting in the seats,,,

Edited by miSSouriSS (see edit history)

sweet,can't wait till I get all my cladding on so I can start working on finding seats for my reg-cab, Do you think you'll have an issue with your airbag sensor in the seats? Reason I ask is I bought my 06-SS as a recovered theft,,So I had to replace a few things the thugs had took, including seats, I bought a leather set from an 05 Silverado and had to have someone switch the wires around in the seat harness to get my airbag light to stay off,,, I read somewhere that you can just change out the sensor in the seats, anyways just thought I'd mention it so you know whats up if your airbag light comes on after putting in the seats,,,

Yea Someone told me about the whole airbag thing I hope mine doesn't turn on when I put my seats in. How did you rewire your seats? Sorry to hear about your truck.

Yea Someone told me about the whole airbag thing I hope mine doesn't turn on when I put my seats in. How did you rewire your seats? Sorry to hear about your truck.

well the way i got my seats functioning 100% in my truck was i took the floor harness out of the donor truck and rewired it in my truck everything was plug and play and i have had no issues with anything my seat heaters work my seat position memory everything.....

well the rebuilder I had bought the truck from did it for me, I'm not positive exactly what he did,,,But from what I remember he just moved the wires around in the seat harness so they matched up to the truck harness,, He said that for some reason GM changed the order of the wires around but kept all the same wires & plugs,,,I think he just had to match up the colors,,,as for my SS,,,, I had bought it as a recoved theft,,,The rebuilder had replaced everything with OEM parts accept the wheels & seats, So I replaced that when I bought it,,,Then I made a stupid decision to sell it and have missed it ever since,,Thats why I'm gonna make this Reg-cab a true clone with cladding and all,,,Got all the cladding & center console from "Gasemall" just hav'nt had the cash to get it all painted blue,,,,

well the way i got my seats functioning 100% in my truck was i took the floor harness out of the donor truck and rewired it in my truck everything was plug and play and i have had no issues with anything my seat heaters work my seat position memory everything.....

Was the donor truck the same year as yours? I think thats the issue most have when switching seats,,They seamed to change the wiring a little from 03-05, I think it's only an issue if you get seats from a different year truck, & then it's easlily fixable, just gotto get the wires matched up,,,