Goodbye SS, hello Avalanche

whmayhew

My '05 Lightning is on order.

I think your username and that post contradict each other :P

:withstupid::lol::lol::lol: so much for :chevy:

As long as I own one GM vehicle the name works........................right? :jester::jester:

I guess so!! As long as you don't buy one of those Porkboy's Super TITAN'S I guess you will be OK. :lol:

Enjoy that L'

:flag:

:seeya:

I see it a little differently  :D ...It is like the Sox and Yankees.  If you're a fan of one team, you cannot be a fan of the other.  Blasphemy!!  :lol:

:withstupid: That's so true!!!! :jester:

So your sayin when I get my Lightning, I shouldn't put my #3 and #8 stickers on the back window! :cry:

I test drove 3 Silverado SS trucks, and couldn't get past the small back seat and empty truck bed with no cover. I got a fully loaded Z66 Avalanche with every available option (leather 10-way seats, 6-disk CD, DVD entertainment in the back, etc.), except the sunroof (don't like them) and the sticker was $39,960. I drove it out the door for $32K and change, tax and license included. The fact that I got $600 under invoice plus $5,000 in incentives made it a very sweet deal.

Now I have 4 full doors and a fully enclosed bed, with two built-in beer/soda coolers :cheers: It was the lack of utility of the SS that pushed me away from it, and I found that utility in the Avalanche. Not knocking the SS - I really like it - but for me the AV was The One. Had they kept the cladding, though, I probably would be driving a Silverado SS right now.... :D

I test drove 3 Silverado SS trucks, and couldn't get past the small back seat and empty truck bed with no cover. I got a fully loaded Z66 Avalanche with every available option (leather 10-way seats, 6-disk CD, DVD entertainment in the back, etc.), except the sunroof (don't like them) and the sticker was $39,960. I drove it out the door for $32K and change, tax and license included. The fact that I got $600 under invoice plus $5,000 in incentives made it a very sweet deal.

Now I have 4 full doors and a fully enclosed bed, with two built-in beer/soda coolers :cheers: It was the lack of utility of the SS that pushed me away from it, and I found that utility in the Avalanche. Not knocking the SS - I really like it - but for me the AV was The One. Had they kept the cladding, though, I probably would be driving a Silverado SS right now.... :D

I had told my wife that my next Avalanche would be cladless but the one we bought had so many options and with the sport red color it looks good with the cladding. And I did miss the advantages of the Avalanche. I am not knocking the SS. I owned mine for 14 months. But after seeing what GMC offered with the Sierra Denali for basically the same price I kind of lost interest in the SS. By the way where can I find the Avalanche web site?

Archived