Goodbye SS, hello Avalanche

whmayhew

Well I had been pissed at my SS since looking at the Denali's last week and seeing how much extras they had over the SS. My last vehicle was an Avalanche (which I traded for the SS) and I had kink of missed it so I started looking at them last weekend. It has all the options that my SS was missing and then some. Window sticker was $45565 and $3400 for a new Fisher snowplow. I swapped in two vehicles (my wife's 2002 Silverado which was a lease). Now I have one less payment and in particular one less vehicle on my insurance policy. I do not miss my SS yet. I have a Diablo Predator reprogrammer for sale which was on the SS if anyone is interested. Also a 2002 Hypertech for Chevy's.

GM4Life,

The base price is 35870

Z71 package 1955

Sun and Sound 2995

Driver conv 540

Rear seat ent 1295

10 way power 800

leather seats

assist steps 395

ground effects 195

luggage carrier 195

00R WOL Tires 125

Side impact bags 350

Total options 8845

Destination 850

Total before 45565

savings

Preferred 1000

equipment savings

Total vehicle 44565

price

As far as I know it has every option that is available including sunroof (which I do not use). You don't seem able to pick the individual options that you want but you buy option packages. To get the XM radio you have to buy the Sun and Sound package which includes the sunroof, cd changer rear seat entertainment and Bose sound system. It is the sport red metallic, which with the cladding looks very good. I did not really want the cladding again but this one had the most options and I did not want to order it and maybe lose the 0% financing. I considered the Denali Sierra but I had an Avalanche before and found it to be a very versatile vehicle. I will still drool when I see an SS but can say that I have owned one. :P

GM4Life,

The base price is 35870

Z71 package 1955

Sun and Sound 2995

Driver conv 540

Rear seat ent 1295

10 way power 800

leather seats

assist steps 395

ground effects 195

luggage carrier 195

00R WOL Tires 125

Side impact bags 350

Total options 8845

Destination 850

Total before 45565

savings

Preferred 1000

equipment savings

Total vehicle 44565

price

As far as I know it has every option that is available including sunroof (which I do not use). You don't seem able to pick the individual options that you want but you buy option packages. To get the XM radio you have to buy the Sun and Sound package which includes the sunroof, cd changer rear seat entertainment and Bose sound system. It is the sport red metallic, which with the cladding looks very good. I did not really want the cladding again but this one had the most options and I did not want to order it and maybe lose the 0% financing. I considered the Denali Sierra but I had an Avalanche before and found it to be a very versatile vehicle. I will still drool when I see an SS but can say that I have owned one. :P

What does it actually have that the SS doesn't? My mom has a fully loaded Tahoe Z-71 and the only thing it has that the SS doesn't is the moonroof and TV. Maybe I'm missing something though.

That Diablo is VIN locked to your truck for life. It's not like a Superchips or Hypertech that is only VIN locked until the stock programming is returned. The Predator is useless to anyone but the next buyer of your old truck.

My SS was missing 2 options which my wife would have liked to have had. One was the digital heater controls. The other was the 6 disc cd changer. We did not order it but took it off the lot the day that it came in. As far as I know it was the second one sold in Maine. Jwest got the first one.

That Diablo is VIN locked to your truck for life. It's not like a Superchips or Hypertech that is only VIN locked until the stock programming is returned. The Predator is useless to anyone but the next buyer of your old truck.

I'll have to get ahold of the new owner when it is sold. I guess that you can take the programming out. I did that Tuesday night and tried it out the road and it went only 108. No more hand held programmers for me. I wonder if I could have the Diablo reprogrammed for a reasonable price?

You don't seem able to pick the individual options that you want but you buy option packages. To get the XM radio you have to buy the Sun and Sound package which includes the sunroof, cd changer rear seat entertainment and Bose sound system

Forgive me for stating the obvious but if all you wanted was the XM radio you could have added that in the aftermarket for a LOT less than $2995.

Just a thought. :wtf:

My SS was missing 2 options which my wife would have liked to have had. One was the digital heater controls. The other was the 6 disc cd changer. We did not order it but took it off the lot the day that it came in. As far as I know it was the second one sold in Maine. Jwest got the first one.

I assumed the SS came standard with all of that stuff. The only option I was asked if I wanted was an engine block heater. But, my salesman knows by now that I want pretty much everything; well engine block heater optional.

Archived