Found the problem with my motor

give shaun, valvegod, at smcperformance.com a call, i buy all my oem stuff from him and it's always good,

the block that spun the bearing i got from him, just a freak block i guess, but he did warranty it, he'll take care of you.

keep us updated,

allen

For what its worth, most engine builders prefer to build up a good used block over a new one since its already been heat seasoned.

Ben, if you need a block, let me know.... I may be able to get you a bare 6L block for a fair price.

I was about to say something about the stock GM cam bearings showing wear before being run. I've read that GM hones the bearings after they are installed, so they look slightly worn. No matter, if your bearings were fused to the cam, then you've found your problem.

I'd have the machine shop check the cam specs to make sure that core wasn't a bit oversized. You might be able to get a little compensation from Cam Motion or FMS.

I remember when Allens first LS1 block was bad that he bought from Valvegod. Yes Shaun did make it right by sending another. But I've heard from numerous sources that his goods are mostly blem rejects from GM. Most items are in fine working condition with some non-critical imperfection, but there is a chance you'll get bad part. I've bought some stuff from him before and the transaction went over fine. Just go in knowing that the items aren't defect free which is why you are paying less than retail for a new unused part.

Archived