Which Hdmi Cable Should I Order?

Ruben525

May sound a little rediculous but i like buying to name brand equipment such as monster. I know its just a cable but i like the looks of it when im opening the package lol. I'm also a huge fan of buying off ebay for brand new High dollar monster cables a fraction of the cost. Just my .02 :cheers:

I'll chime in here since I've done my fair share of purchasing high end cables.

I have a 7.0 Denon, Definitive Technologies system with a 58" Panasonic plasma in my family room. It's not a high, high end system, but it wasn't cheap for me either. I purchased several high end Monster HDMI cable and of course it did it's job. The picture and sound are exceptional.

In my bedroom, I have a 54" Panasonic plasma hooked up to my Direct TV box via HDMI. I got those cables from Costco. It was a kit with two 12' HDMI cables and cleaning supplies for the plasma. I didn't go high end in the bedroom because it just wasn't all that serious.

The picture in the bedroom looks better than the picture in the family room. Now to say it's the cables, I doubt it. Alot has to do with picture settings IMHO. I just think my plasma in my bedroom is more dialed in than the family room. I would definately purchase those cables from Costco again if there is ever a need.

all HDMI cables are the same.

I can get you one for 15 shipped if you want. Otherwise go to wal-mart and get there cheapest one.

:cheers: This is where I got mine and I can't tell the difference between this HDMI cable and my pretty $pendy ones. This is def. a good "hook-up" for you (no pun :jester: ) buy,buy,buy.

I just bought cheapies from Home Depot... they were $20 for a 6' as compared to $119 at Radio-Shack for the MonsterCables 6'...

My feeling is, unless I see a side by side comparison you'll never see the difference. Even if it is better it's not THAT MUCH BETTER.

:D

Cable type and quality does make a difference, but it's proportional. If you were running 23,000 volts your TV with a .09ohm requirement it'd be a different story... Low voltage signal/data cables... I think you'll be alright with a slight deviation from perfect.

Edited by page305 (see edit history)