Wanted.. Silverado Ss Gauge Cluster

uncald4

Is it the same kind of motor for the big gauges and the small ones?

on my cluster already 3 are faulty. Speedo, Gaz and Oil Pressure...

THanks guys, really appreciate all the information. Overhere in Europe this is all not known.

They only charge us... And no assistance from GM whatsoever...

thanks again

Pascal

Is it the same kind of motor for the big gauges and the small ones?

on my cluster already 3 are faulty. Speedo, Gaz and Oil Pressure...

THanks guys, really appreciate all the information. Overhere in Europe this is all not known.

They only charge us... And no assistance from GM whatsoever...

thanks again

Pascal

yeah all the same motor.

GM has extended the warranty on some of the clusters. Mine just went out and the dealer is replacing it for only the cost of labor due to the mileage on my truck. My advice is to contact GM and find out if your vehicle is covered in the extension. As far as labor in Europe, I just got back from being stationed over there so all I can say is maybe AAFES can help out on that.

Edited by eagledax (see edit history)

Hey, thank you to everyone for the input. Replacing the stepper servos are a great option rather than hunting for a new cluster. These servos (motors) seem to be an issue with our generation of full size Chev truck. The dude on ebay offers the updated part that claims not to have the same issue. $35 is what I paid for all the replacement stepper servos.

I'll post pics of everything. We should maybe have this moved to a better location so that others can benefit.

Hey, thank you to everyone for the input. Replacing the stepper servos are a great option rather than hunting for a new cluster. These servos (motors) seem to be an issue with our generation of full size Chev truck. The dude on ebay offers the updated part that claims not to have the same issue. $35 is what I paid for all the replacement stepper servos.

I'll post pics of everything. We should maybe have this moved to a better location so that others can benefit.

YES.. we need a good step by step for both the stepper motors and new gauge light install.. anyone that does that would be a GREAT help to anyone that wants to tackle this job. :cheers: