*****performance Torque Converter Information*****

Brand: Yank SC2600 (SC300 custom stalled to 2600 for application)

Size: 258mm

Stall Speed: 2600

Brake Stall: 2300-2400

Flash Stall: 2600 I believe

Engine Mods/Power Adders: See sig

60-Ft Time: 1.8

Cost: $945+ shipping

Notes: I have had two Yank converters and had zero issues with either one. I had the TT2600 which was basically a remanufactured/stalled factory style converter. I ran that to 50k miles and it is still in great shape. I have put about 37k miles on the SC2600 converter behind supercharger duty. It is a heavy duty billet converter. I just had it pulled due to a 3-4clutch pack issue in the trans, sent it back to Yank and had them cut, clean, and inspect for $150. Yank said the converter is in great shape and ready for heavy duty use again. I asked them to replace anything that needed to be, they said the lock up clutch is really the part that wears from normal use and to replace was $80, but they said mine was in excellent condition and that it did not need to be replaced, pretty decent as they could have easily told me it needed to be replaced and I would have never known the difference. 3yr warranty. Service is top notch, phone calls always returned the same day, questions always answered, and turn around time is quick.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Circle D Pro stage 3

Size: 265mm

stall speed 2500-2600

flash stall 2800-3000

Engine: 408, TVS 2300 at 15psi

60 ft N/A

Cost 900 +

Rpm Drop was about 1800 at WOT

Notes: This was for a 4l80e transmission its built very strong and comes in 3 bolt of 6 bolt configurations. Customer service was great and it was built and shipped quick. drives around town like stock and flashes great. This converter works great with the maggies. Other stall speeds and sizes available from this company.

P.S this converter can be locked up at WOT also they have a "dare you to break it" slogan on their cite.

• 1 year later...

Brand: Circle D

Size: 278mm

Stall Speed: 3,200 RPMs

Brake Stall: 3,000 RPMs

Flash Stall: 3,700 RPMs

RPM Drop: RPM Drop between shifts at WOT 1,400

Engine Mods/Power Adders: CAI, ARH LTs, Exhaust, shift kit, servos, madtune

60-Ft Time: 1.83

Notes: Drives like a truck with stock 3.73 gears. A mechanic drove my truck a couple weeks ago and was floored when I told him not only did I have a stall but a 3,200 rpm stall at that. He said "It drives great, I couldn't tell it had a stall at all." Honestly the AWD SSS is a bit touchy on the throttle and this smoothes that out perfectly.

Hey im just browsing threw the SS site and came across this posting you left. Based on what i have been reading the issue im having with my 05 sss is the torque converter. when im driving 35-45 my truck starts to hop. also as im going to slow down to stop from 45-20 it does the same thing. it is a little sensative on the throttle especially when im going like 5-20 mphs. i've had 3 different mechanics test drive it and they all tell me something different. one said it was the ball joints, the other said it was the idle arms. so any suggestions on what this could be? its not easy finding a reliable mechanic in miami . . .

Hey im just browsing threw the SS site and came across this posting you left. Based on what i have been reading the issue im having with my 05 sss is the torque converter. when im driving 35-45 my truck starts to hop. also as im going to slow down to stop from 45-20 it does the same thing. it is a little sensative on the throttle especially when im going like 5-20 mphs. i've had 3 different mechanics test drive it and they all tell me something different. one said it was the ball joints, the other said it was the idle arms. so any suggestions on what this could be? its not easy finding a reliable mechanic in miami . . .

This could be in the tune. Did you buy the truck used or have you had it tuned. These trucks don't have idle screws. Its all in the pcm. John, kellyperformance, is in that area hit him up. He can at least tell you if you do not have a stock tune.

sent from my thunderbolt

John, kelleyperformance, is in that area hit him up. He can at least tell you if you do not have a stock tune.

definitely hit up Kelleyperformance. John just helped out 907blownSS. He's in Hallandale.