Main Difference Between Ls7 & Ls2 Tb's

From what I have read, not much really. Some people saw no gain and others a loss switching from an ls2 to an ls7 tb. And supposedly it takes longer for the rpms to drop with the ls7 tb. Try reading around on some other forums and judge for yourself. I say get which one you can get the best deal on.

From what I have read, not much really. Some people saw no gain and others a loss switching from an ls2 to an ls7 tb. And supposedly it takes longer for the rpms to drop with the ls7 tb. Try reading around on some other forums and judge for yourself. I say get which one you can get the best deal on.

dont 4get the L92 TB it is also a 90mm

I am getting ready to buy a 90mm TB and x link and just wanted to know what the main difference was between the LS7 and LS2 Throttle bodys.

I thought they where one and the same, the ls2/7 are the same, the TBSS is different and the SSR is different

See Here

The LS2 (car) and LS7 throttle bodies are the same. The LS2 truck throttle body is only an 87mm as is all of the 07 and newer new body style trucks. You can also get the same 87mm throttle body with the stronger spring in it from the LS9.

W2W402 I havent been following what you have on your truck but I remember reading about you putting a tvs type blower on your truck. If that is still the case I would go with the car ls2/ls7 throttle body because it is strong enough to stay open under WOT. I had the ls9 TB on my truck with the tvs 2300 and It couldnt stay open under WOT and would shut my engine down to limp mode. I dont know if there was a fix for that but i would just play it safe and go with the ls2/ls7 TB.

W2W402 I havent been following what you have on your truck but I remember reading about you putting a tvs type blower on your truck. If that is still the case I would go with the car ls2/ls7 throttle body because it is strong enough to stay open under WOT. I had the ls9 TB on my truck with the tvs 2300 and It couldnt stay open under WOT and would shut my engine down to limp mode. I dont know if there was a fix for that but i would just play it safe and go with the ls2/ls7 TB.

Yeah I have the TVS 2300 on there with the stock TB. I remember reading about your trouble's with your TB. I planned on upgrading to either one of the car style TB LS2/ LS7. I read that Dave (USbodyguard) put a LS7 on his (of course he has a 427 so maybe he was just sticking with the theme) and was just wondering what differences there were. Right now on ebay it seems like the LS7 is a bit cheaper so I was just making sure.

Also, where are you guys getting your custom J-tubes.

Edited by W2W402 (see edit history)

Were you running an X-Link when that was happening? What was the max airflow numbers in the pcm set to when you were getting that? We used an LS9 throttle body at work on our SSR project and have never had reduced engine power come in once all the way to the 691RWHP that we made.

W2W

Are you running a J-Tube on a TVS2300?

hey Zippy,

Yes I had the x-link when this happened. I don't know exactly what the max airflow numbers were because i didn't tune it. The place that tuned it was far away from me so I only talked to them over the phone. I got in contact with joe at leftcoast32 and thats what he explained to me.