With This Economy.

sierra ss

Too bad you didn't live closer..... :D ..............We bought a Maytag front-loader last year, and within the last two months we have had two service calls to replace the tub/bearings....I'm just glad that it's still under warranty, bcuz at $600 a pop, it's adding up quick....I emailed Maytag directly, and they gave me an extended 12 month mfg. warranty for free....which, is probably a good thing------------------ :lol:

Are you using powder detergent? That will lead to bearing failure. If not they need to replace some other parts with it, something is making it off balance and thus wearing the bearing out.

man im glad you exist lol . i just bought all new appliances.

i got the samsung setup ,

the

WF448AAP steam washer

DV448AGP steam gas dryer

i forgot the model of the dishwasher but it was an 09 model

i also got the

RFG297AARS samsung fridge and i love it . everything i bought was refurb and i bought an extended 5 year warranty on them all.

i went with fisher a pykel on my double oven and on my stove top . they were all brand new and i got a kitcen aid 900 cfm down draft hood that is the worst thing ever. didnt mention that it requires a blower fan sold separately so im patiently waiting for it to show up .

man im glad you exist lol . i just bought all new appliances.

i got the samsung setup ,

the

WF448AAP steam washer

DV448AGP steam gas dryer

i forgot the model of the dishwasher but it was an 09 model

i also got the

RFG297AARS samsung fridge and i love it . everything i bought was refurb and i bought an extended 5 year warranty on them all. I wish you luck on this and glad you have an extended warranty, these are a pain in the ass. Maybe since its a refurb they put the new style sensors in it for the defrost control. They all have problem and its not a question of if but when.

i went with fisher a pykel on my double oven and on my stove top . they were all brand new and i got a kitcen aid 900 cfm down draft hood that is the worst thing ever. didnt mention that it requires a blower fan sold separately so im patiently waiting for it to show up .

If they are older appliances then id say im bout 95% shure she is. They older they are the better they are. Thats all i work on is new stuff.

And a little advice to anyone that is going to be buying new appliances be shure to buy an extended warranty. 98% of the work i do is for extended warranty companies. One service call and they pay for there selves.

I would have to agree with you on that. I also service appliances.

They older they are the better they are. Thats all i work on is new stuff.

Hit it dead on the nail their. The older the appliance, the longer itll last. The majority of these new appliances are crap. We had a top load washer that lasted 26 years, not one problem with 3-4 loads a day (my mom wanted a new front load when we renovated so she got one and nothing but nightmares and breakdowns). Those front loads are alot more noisy even with the stands imo. Sounds like a damn helicoptor is taking off (yes their balanced and in closets). Finally found a good Bosch one. We've learned that analog guages/buttons are best, digital guages/buttons are worst.

You can even tell on high end appliances the stainless steel is poor quality, I even question if its real stainless. Itll take a few months but it will rust (my mom cooks 12 hours a day, 6 days a week if not more). Had this happen to dishwasher and refrigerator, not cheap products.

Not trying to be stuck up, but my mom was good friends with and cooked with Julia Child and Mary Ann Esposito, and they all said/say the same thing "the older the product, the better/longer it will last."

I appreciate you willing to help the members here, I might have a question or 2 in the near future about the refacing of the stainless steel.

-A

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

what exactly will i notice worng with the fridge when they go out? what is the fix ? is there any way to tell if i have the new sensors?

It will not be cooling as good as it should. What is happening is that ice is building up on the evap and restricting airflow. The fix is to replace the defrost sensor and bi-metal thermostat. The replacement parts are newer updated versions and have not had a single complaint after i've put the new ones in. But for some reason samsung is not installing them at the factory.