Where Does Your Extra Money Go?

JF-03-SS

So things have been some what uptight around here lately so lets try something different and maybe fun for some. Post up pictures what you have been doing w/ your extra money lately (If you have any extra in this ecomomy, which I don't anymore, lol) Post pics. of what you have bought, or a project you are working on, or just a pic. of you last take out meal.

Little background on where my money is going right now. She is a 1996 Subaru Impreza L 2.2 that I bought 10/05 as a winter beater. Paid $3500.00 for her with 91,000miles on the clock. 1st thing I did was ditch the 15" steelies for the 5spoke goldies iseen in the one and only picture of her before my daughter took it from me in July '07.

Picture036.jpg

So she drove it until 8/09 when she bought a new car, ('05 Subaru RS). So at the end of Sept. '09 I decided to "fix her up" alittle bit and stop driving my SSS in the winter again. This is how she looked when I got her back (Goldies where sold).

subaru2.jpg

subaru1.jpg

So the first thing was the windows needed some tint.

Subaru003.jpg

Subaru004.jpg

And some new wheels/tires ('05 WRX)

Subaru009.jpg

Subaru008.jpg

Then these were just way to uncomfortable....

Subaru011.jpg

Subaru016.jpg

Bought some comfy front seats ('05 Impreza wagon)

Subaru012.jpg

Subaru014.jpg

Then this happened.......

photo-5.jpg

Then I decided that the tranny binding was more then I could stand and had a new (74,000miles) tranny installed. 1 week before X-Mas, 1 of the struts froze up on my way home from work. It was time for new suspension. I ordered new KYB AGX adj. struts, Eibach lowering springs, and new front top mounts.

photo.jpg

photo-3.jpg

While waiting for the parts to arrive, it was time to fix a few small things and get the trunk and wing painted.

photo-4.jpg

photo-2.jpg

As of right now, the struts/springs are installed but it is still in the shop finishing up the paint and buffing. I will be getting her back Sunday and then it needed an alignment....I'm having withdrawals. This is a fun little car :cool:

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the winter car, I have not driven one but been a passenger and seem like great little cars. Eibach ftw also, had those on a bmw 325iX. Looking great Jeff.

Been having surgery so money is scarce for me. I just dropped 4 bills on my ex for her b day only to find out she is doing the run around with others :( . Should have been smart and bought my battery and do a few little things to the truck. Another reason these trucks are better than women; they will not break your heart.

:chevy: SS till I die.

ps. got rid of all the pics I had of her, sorry for dis-obeying thread rules. Ill try to get a pic of the magnum bottle of champagne I am going to start drinking in a minute

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Well not that I have a ton of extra cash but here is my project when I am not spending money on the SS.

It's my 1970 chevelle. I haven own the car since the summer of 2000. Since then I traded my 350 motor to a guy in NC for a worked over 468 BBC. It has a 4 spd muncie with a zoom racing clutch and fly wheel. I am in the process of repainting it and also rewiring it. It's a painless 18 circuit wire harness. The pain is shimmer white from House Of Kolors.

My plans are to finish the wiring ( I could use some help!!!!) And start this motor. I need to get the motor all adjusted and running so I can put my 671 Weiand Blower on it!!

enjoy the pics..