Where Does Your Extra Money Go?

JF-03-SS

Well not that I have a ton of extra cash but here is my project when I am not spending money on the SS.

It's my 1970 chevelle. I haven own the car since the summer of 2000. Since then I traded my 350 motor to a guy in NC for a worked over 468 BBC. It has a 4 spd muncie with a zoom racing clutch and fly wheel. I am in the process of repainting it and also rewiring it. It's a painless 18 circuit wire harness. The pain is shimmer white from House Of Kolors.

My plans are to finish the wiring ( I could use some help!!!!) And start this motor. I need to get the motor all adjusted and running so I can put my 671 Weiand Blower on it!!

enjoy the pics..

You provide the plane ticket and beer and I will gladly help :jester:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking a 4wheeler and fishing trip down to Florida for some Tarpon this spring...

Might have to drive the truck down there now that I've seen pix of the "Red Led Instrumention On 2006 Crew Cab *pics* " posted by black00chev :jester:

Robbie (supercharged06ss) posted them up and the guy that did his was in Texas when I looked him up :banghead: I was hoping he was local....dammit!

IMG_1658.jpg

How's that comin btw?

Lots of money spent, more to spend, not much visible to show for it. But that is because I am taking care of the messy stuff before the body/paint work.

-New power steering - everything was leaking and I have replaced everything but the pump. Still have a leak in the pump :( Going to send that out to get rebuilt by a pro.

-New exhaust system including new 2.5 inch (larger) stock manifolds. That really helped performance. I think at least one side was trying to exhaust through a pile of rust in one muffler.

-New stereo. Had the AM radio gutted and "AM/FM/AUX Input" guts put in. New Alpine speakers, using my ancient 4 channel Alpine amp from the 80's for now. Plenty of power but I don't know how long it will last.

-Bought the carb and intake manifold to get that looking original again. Since I have a 350 engine, stroked to a 383, and I am trying to make it look like a 327 from 64 (350 was not around back then) I am having to do some odd things to make it all work. Due to the cubic inch increase, I am using the 409 carb, which is more expensive, but has the CFM to feed the 383.

-Bought new drum brakes. New high performance shoes/cylinders/drums. I am getting rid of the front disk conversion I did back in the '80's since it kicks the tires/wheels out a inch or so and I want to get wider tires in there. I can’t change the backspacing on the wheels without losing the ability to put on the hubcaps. Then there will be the cost of getting wider tires in 1” white wall at $220 each :o plus wider wheels to properly fit them.

-New 700r4 transmission being built. This is supposed to be a cool swap, lower first gear and over-drive on the top end. With the current TH350, top gear is 1:1, so I am turning 3,200 rpm at 65 mph. The .7 over-drive will drop that down to 2,200 rpm. After that, the differential will get it's long awaited turn and get beefed up and a small change of gearing.

I bought a used engine stand and it came with a 'free' motor, and old 283. Interestinly it has the same casting number as the original motor in my Impala. I still have not decided what to do with it. Perhaps a practice rebuild before I do my 383 :confused:

Right now it goes in the bank, until the economy turns around, I have bought wheels and tires for the truck but I was do for tires so I went with what I wanted, I canceled my new Camaro SS order, until I know that my job is safe I will try to save.

But I am looking into the cost of dropping the truck, I might do it myself so the cost will just be parts.

Edited by SSmoothSilSS (see edit history)