2 6.5" In Each Door?

I've heard the Diamonds in Jason's truck (MIDNIGHTRIDR) and love their tonality; anyone run these long term and have any feedback to share?

Mr. P. :)

great speaker, a definate great replica of the old skool MBQuart stuff. although, like Quart, they have gone downhill as of late as well...

Mr P, for as picky as you are on ALL of the things you buy/build, I say look into the Polk Audio SR 6500's. you WONT be disappointed.

I agree, but i cant say that outloud, my MTX sponsors might get mad. although I do have these in my car. when i want a FUN system to beat on, i listen to the truck. but if i wanna hear what music is supposed to sound like, and all the Nuances, I head to my car. OH did I mention the car won USAC pro SQ division a few years back?? yeah, that sits in my driveway on the trickle charger too...

I am out of outlets outside. i need a power strip to plug all this shit into...

hey i love mtx also im currently running 2 9500's in a sealed box off of a jbl bpx 2200.1 Funny thing is i hear lots of people talk sh#t about the 9500's saying that they dont have sq but they sound dead on in a sealed box i listen to alot of live music recordings and they are as accurate as anything i have ever heard and i used to install car audio. And congrats on the usac win I think i would like to compete in sq some day

hey i love mtx also im currently running 2 9500's in a sealed box off of a jbl bpx 2200.1 Funny thing is i hear lots of people talk sh#t about the 9500's saying that they dont have sq but they sound dead on in a sealed box i listen to alot of live music recordings and they are as accurate as anything i have ever heard and i used to install car audio. And congrats on the usac win I think i would like to compete in sq some day

9500s are my fav sub! i just dont have the car or the room to put them in anything. deadly accurate, and crazy tight!

great choice!

I've heard the Diamonds in Jason's truck (MIDNIGHTRIDR) and love their tonality; anyone run these long term and have any feedback to share?

Mr. P. :)

Mr. P,

I ran diamond hex for nearly 4 years without a single problem. Eventually they were stolen along with my door panels and other misc hard earned stuff. Anyways, I ran them with a JL 450.4, 2 hex 6.5 up front and some filler Alpines in back. This set up rocked- like I said until they were stolen. My replacement Alpine Type R comps up front were still good but to me were not like the diamonds, and the Alpines eventually failed for me (although many people really like these Alpines- I did for some time). The only thing I will say about the diamonds is that they are very bright, which helps when 2 12s are thumpin!

Going to pick up a Alpine CDA-9887 cd player tomorrow.

Went and listened to a pair of Focal 165kr's ($700cnd) and a pair of 165krx2's ($1500cnd) yesterday. The x2's are amazing, unfortunately there isn't much choice for me here to listen to them all and hear what I like. Will make a decision once I get the CD player in and working. Just gonna go with 1 pair for the doors and get something for the rears if need be.

Maybe tomorrow I will get a picture of the 4 10's under the back seat. They were really cheap, they are PG radial SD's. 350rms each. Box was built in a hurry so I could have a bit of boom while going on a 3800km trip. I'll see how they sound with an aftermarket CD player and not the stock one with the rEQ.

Been searching the forum and looks like we can fit 2 6.5's in each door?

Alpine type x 6.5" SPX-17REF

Polk Audio MOMO MM6

Focal 165 V1

I have 150rms per pair power to work with for the door speakers.

I want something clear and loud. Doesn't have to have much bass as I have 4 10's for that. I mainly listen to metal and rock, but an occasional country song here and there as well.

Now is there any benefit in getting a little bit cheaper set like say $150 each and get 2 pairs and have 2 in each door? Or just get one little bit better quality set? I'm running 4 PG radial SD 10" under the back seat in a sealed box. Back seat is lifted up 2". I'm running the stock BOSE cd player with an rEQ for now. Will be upgrading to a Alpine DVD or cd player when I purchase the components. Guy at the stereo shop is trying to talk me into a Kenwood CD player (KDC-X693). I've only ever had Alpine cd players and had great luck with them and great sound quality.

i would go with any BUT the alpine NOT.

i had that setup and replaced it with pioneer's much much better.

• 1 month later...

I really like these, my cousin had these in his Avalanche and WOW he had the ES series up front and the HD series in the back he also had a AMP for each set, and 2 15" in the bed. you could definitely hear how clean the high and mids were.

http://www.cdtaudio.com/

• 1 month later...

Been searching the forum and looks like we can fit 2 6.5's in each door?

Alpine type x 6.5" SPX-17REF

Polk Audio MOMO MM6

Focal 165 V1

I have 150rms per pair power to work with for the door speakers.

I want something clear and loud. Doesn't have to have much bass as I have 4 10's for that. I mainly listen to metal and rock, but an occasional country song here and there as well.

Now is there any benefit in getting a little bit cheaper set like say $150 each and get 2 pairs and have 2 in each door? Or just get one little bit better quality set? I'm running 4 PG radial SD 10" under the back seat in a sealed box. Back seat is lifted up 2". I'm running the stock BOSE cd player with an rEQ for now. Will be upgrading to a Alpine DVD or cd player when I purchase the components. Guy at the stereo shop is trying to talk me into a Kenwood CD player (KDC-X693). I've only ever had Alpine cd players and had great luck with them and great sound quality.

Hey Bud,

I actually have a Polk component system powered by a Kenwood amp and hooked to a Kenwood ddx7019 dvd player in my Pontiac...Ive never had such an awesome sounding system as this...Ive used Kenwoods for years in different cars and never had 1 problem with any piece.. I highly recomend Kenwood and Pols...as a matter of fact, Im shopping for Polks for my SSS as I type this. lol