Cam Swap On A Budget

Fireman31

Well, no new best, and no times worth posting here. Traction is a severe problem without DRs, even with good track prep. First run of the day, I lit the tires up to almost the 100' mark. I have in cab video from that run which I will post soon. I plan on going hard this fall to get that new personal best. Also, I will be making a dyno appointment in the next week.....

Well, no new best, and no times worth posting here. Traction is a severe problem without DRs, even with good track prep. First run of the day, I lit the tires up to almost the 100' mark. I have in cab video from that run which I will post soon. I plan on going hard this fall to get that new personal best. Also, I will be making a dyno appointment in the next week.....

For some reason I thought that might be a problem :-P

HOw do you like the converter?? I have been thinking about going up in stall, my 3200 stalls @2800 so I am not in the sweet spot. Do you notice a difference in getting off the line with the new converter??

DR time baby!

• 2 weeks later...

Dan, I think I'm going to bump this every day until we get some dyno results!!!!! We need something to talk about around here!!!!! Plus it's great education for us all

Joe throw a higher converter in there and you'll never look back. You'd really be amazed how easy my 4500 is to drive around, and more forgiving then guys think. Don't fear a 3400-3600

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I love the new converter Joe, truck feels faster and has normal street manners, you can definitely feel a difference though. Brad, I was going to have it dynoed in the next week or so, but had a monetary setback the other day. I had to trade my war wagon '03 Tahoe in due to some expensive forthcoming mechanical issues. She served me well, 125k, but it was time to upgrade. After spending over $6k to keep her on the road last year(t-case, rear diff, 4 wheel brake job, tires, water pump, tensioners), the rear main seal sprung a leak, a cat started to go out(intermittent P0430 code), and the trans began to slip occasionally. I traded her in to avoid the impending doom, and picked up an immaculate GM Certified '09 Tahoe 1LT with 40k on the clock yesterday. I will post pictures in the next day or so......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)