Wow Guess How Much A Seat Belt Ticket Is In Ca

Ruben525

maybe because I'm in the military I'm used to the Gov' being in my business. But i always were my seatbelt. It actually feels weird if i don't. Plus if i get in a wreck and im not wearing one my fam wont get my life insurance if i die and i would have to pay for the bill if i get hurt and they find out no seatbelt was used. I say 9 out of 10 times the seatbelt would help in a wreck. just my $.02 :D gary

that is pretty pricey. but if you wear it you wont get the ticket. it takes a few seconds and its on. sometimes i forget also. but ive never been ticketed for it but in montana its only $20 bucks. i made a deal to myself. if i ever see the seat belt light on whlie im drive i will put my belt on no matter what. but for the most part i never for get it.

Wow, that is a harsh fine.

The debate will always go on about seat belts. In my case, I have permanent damage to my neck, constant migraines, severe TMJD, my c4,c5,c6 discs in my neck are bone on bone (complete obliteration of space/tissue, and I now have spinal fusion in that area). I cant lay my head on a pillow, yes I sound like a baby but its something that changes your life forever and severely. Have not slept in 2 days, and that is normal for me.

I also knew someone that passed away because he wore a seatbelt. Very sad to see that happen when you hear belts save lives. I know if I wore mine, I would be in great condition and in the prime of my life.

I do believe in choice, but when the law applies, I follow.

Seatbelts save lives; however they shouldn't be able to charge you (legally rob you) because you failed to protect yourself...

Up next: Fines for smoking cigarettes and eating McDonalds. Under their reasoning, these should be offenses also.

Up next: Fines for smoking cigarettes

it's already on the books..some of the snooty city in central CA. state you CAN NOT SMOKE IN PUBLIC..parks, or on the street. the city of Loma Linda, you can't buy booze or cigarettes in the city limits..:rant: also, back in the mid 90's law passed that you will be fined for smoking in a vehicle with a child under 12..site you for child endangerment..even if the windows are ALL open.

CA..... :M16: :M16:

:seeya:

245.00 I can't beleave it :mad: . Why is it so much this is my 2nd one but the last one was back in 04. What's the big deal why do they care if I use my seat belt? It was a chp that got me in town.

Revenue generation.

California is broke; Right?

It's true that there are groups, out there, truly concerned with making the world "Damn fool proof", and the belts will save more lives than they take, but money is a prime mover here, I think.

Here, (Eastern N.C.) the seat belt gratuity has gone from $25, (My first one), 15 years ago, to $100 for my third one just over 1 year back. I think that they've broke me, now, I hook the D@mn thing up before I twist the key, now.

thats wierd , must of went up this year . i have like 3 of them and got the last one easrly last year. i had a few unlucky ones but the first two were my fault . one was just completely not wearing one so i deserved it. the next one i was pulling up to a spot to get out of a friends truck and was literally 200 feet before it when he got lit up for speeding and said gave us both tickets for seat belts . the last one i was not even moving but had the truck running , fought that one and won . i choose to wear it now . they also passed a new law that even passengers over 18 without a seat belt will result in a citation to the driver . all of my fine's were under 145. even with the previous ones on my record. looks like ill make sure to not get anymore , thats alot of coin.

The law is there because in almost every case a seat belt will save your life. Most of the people that survive an accident without one always say that if they had it on they'd be dead. Good way to convince yourself to not wear one, but hardly ever true. With airbags the lack of a seat belt is worse. Either way, there is a reason the government makes you wear it. Too many times has the government had to pick up the tab on someone from an accident who didn't wear their seat belt. If people were willing to just let themselves die after being messed up in an accident because they had no way to pay their hospital bills then good for them. Think of how often someone actually pays their own bills from a car accident.

As for the smoking issue, same problem. The government and hospitals have ended up paying too much due to people with cancer caused by smoking. It's always "it's my choice" until they need medical help and then it's "someone should cover it". I agree with the law for it. If people took more responsibility for their actions it wouldn't be a problem. If you get cancer from smoking, everyone else shouldn't have to have their insurance company, hospital, or government pay for your choice. If someone near you gets cancer from it, has an alergy to it, etc, they also shouldn't have to pay for your choice.