Time To Get Another Dd

SSThunder

:withstupid: Not to mention, they are notorious for flipping over also.....

True statement. Plus if you even have to consider going through more than a dusting of snow, these things will get stuck - the wheelbase is so short they don't have a chance. Also Jeep Grand Cherokees are nice, but they ride like a lumber wagon - similar to a Durango.

Stay GM.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: Not to mention, they are notorious for flipping over also.....

I had mine for a while, it was a V6 with a standard trans and it was great. The handling was a little poopy but otherwise I cant complain about it. O yeah and my passenger door wouldnt open so my boys had to Bo Duke it :cheers:

That would be the worst idea ever. Those Explorers are POS's to be sure - no handling, bad gas mileage, and crappy rides. Like others have said I wouldn't touch em with a 10 footer.

I currently have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer LT (leather, 6 disc, etc) with 70k for sale. I put it on here awhile back but didn't get any interest. Bad part here is that I'm in SoDak. Gas mileage isn't terrible - bout 13-14 in town and avg 20 hwy. I personally really like it, but am upgrading so I no longer have a need for it.

I guess for comfort, ride and mpg I would probably look at the Tahoe a lot closer. My dad has a '95 Suburban that still gets 18 on the hwy. Those Tahoes were very similar, although once ya get to '96 or later the mpg falls substantially due to the vortec.

I guess I've never been scared of looking at wrecked vehicles either if you know what to look for as you can find some really good deals so that may be an option as well, but of course its up to you. Just a thought.

Yeah I'm also looking at rebuilts. there is a place close to my mom that does a lot of rebuilds. My cousin got one for a good price and it runs great. they guy sells a lot of them. I went to check out a 2000 2500 and it was already sold. might have been there a week. Had the 6.0 LQ4 in it sold for like $4,800.

not true! :cheers: here is a 2002 tbss for ya. a sort of....... "special" one with a inline 6. will yield pretty decent mileage though. also im pretty sure it wont be too much over $10K. CHECK IT OUT! :)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ctd/1606715503.html

by the way, im from bonham and will be up there this weekend actually. i would have no prob stopping by and checking it out for you.

neat find. low mileage but I'd feel like crap driving a proto-type TBSS with the small V6 in it. I'd have to tell people sorry it only has the v6 so it ain't fast lol :jester: Nice looking SUV though.

• 3 weeks later...

So far all the Trailblazers I find on the web are priced close to 12k for the options I want(leather seats, 6 disc cd changer, 4WD, fog lights and sunroof). I did fine a decent Buick Rainier with the V8. Let me know what u guys think: 2004 Buick Rainier AWD Loaded

That is a steal. I would jump on that price quickly provided the vehicle checks well. I wish I could find one with those miles for that price in the Detroit area. That price is tagged to 115k+ vehicles up here. Also, I have seen many Envoy SLT's and Trailblazer LTZ's with under 100k miles for around $10k up here in the Detroit area, especially on craigslist. The regional markets are funny sometimes like that.

Jeeps are crap, had two in my family, windows randomly break, tranmission blow like no tomorrow everything goes in the dam things. I would go with a trailblazer definaly nothing to do with a ford. Consider at 4.8 silverado crew cab something in the 1999-2002 range? I had one and they are very reasonable on gas and around that 10,000 budget

Definately set on an SUV? What about a Colorado/Canyon Crew? I just bought an '05 Canyon X-Cab "Off-Road" (Z-71) and it has been a nice DD for me so far. Good gas mileage, towing, etc.

I would stay far away from the Jeep's if it was me....

I dont think he can find a Colorado or Canyon in his price range in a 4x4 crew, even with high mileage. He's trying to keep it under $10k and the cheapest crew cabs I have found in the Colorado is around $13-14k, some with 90k miles on them or more. Plus, those have the anemic I5 in them, not the best for towing. Would they tow his jet ski etc? Sure, but the 4.2L I6 is a much better motor and there is more room in the back of the 360 series vehicles (TB, Envoy, etc) than the Colorado.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

Jeremy, I have been looking around for ya man, I have to say, used Tahoes and Yukons for around $10k are slim pickings out there, they are more plentyful back east.....

Thanks Dan. Yeah the ones I bookmarked have all been sold so these are very hard to find in my price range without a ton of miles. I think I'm going to see if I can get the buick rainier for a litle lower price. I asked how much they would take for it cash and they said $8,500. add in tax, license and all the other fees and it's $9,299 to get it on the road. It's got the samwe v8 at the tahoe & silverado(5.3) so it can tow more and has good power.

Just make sure the front diff has been serviced and if possible, check it out yourself. My GM engineering buddy who has a bravada said those awd front diffs are about the only trouble spot on those vehicles, imagine that, a GM with front diff issues :rolleyes: Let us know what happens. I'm looking at 60k miler Rainier in black up here in Detroit for about $13k with the 5.3L. Then its LS1 car shopping time for me.

you could find alot of steals on ebay for silverados, tahoes yukons but just make sure to throughly check out.

yeah, I've been checking out eBay, autotrader, cars.com and craigslist. The tahoes/yukons are in the 13k range and even with those they are high milers. Seems like the prices on them went up in the past couple weeks. I might offer $8,000 on the Buick Rainier. I asked about a cash price and they told me $8,500. Add in tax, title license and price is $9,300. I'd probably give $8,800 out the door. They've had the suv for many months and they guy said many people don't know about them. They can't keep trailblazers in stock but the buick has been there for awhile. It's in pretty good shape. has some scratches and the inside doesn't smell the best. They say the tires are 60% but I think they are worse than that. That'll be $500+ to repalce all 4. Not sure how to get rid of the smell. Maybe I can detail the hell out of it or replace the carpet. :dunno: