More Muscle For Truck

Joe Roknic

Yeah ill haveto see if the wife would want to go down there, id bring the TBSS and id be interested in lining that up against the black truck for giggles, the wife will be racing it mostly since its her truck and she needs more seat time.

i would feel honored to have my butt kicked by a women driving a TBSS!

i would feel honored to have my butt kicked by a women driving a TBSS!

Ha yeah, i have no idea where the thing is gonna be at for times though with its current mods. We will be there around 7.

Went to the strip tonight.......the truck is pretty fast, very happy with the results

1/8...8.400

1/4...13.203

mph...101.10

have some traction issues, time for some nitto drag radials....see if I can squeeze a couple more tenths out of her

had a great time....Thanks for everything Brad. Tom, nice tbss.....now you gotta bring that camaro down.

there is still more in this truck. 13.2 is not where it will end. It needs to lose some weight, get traction and this is still the dyno tune. The tune was not tweaked at all for racing, since i could not figure out what i was doing wrong.....

but if i'm right, this is now the second fastest stock cubed N/A SSS

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Joe, i run 45-50 in both front and back. Joe had his set at 45 but was spinning them so we were going to lower them but ran out of time before track close.

With my truck i run 40 psi in the rear airbags to stop weight transfer and keep the weight over the front tires, but guys are telling me the front end still jumps so next time i'll run 80 in the bags.

But i always start the night at 50 psi or so in the tires and work down if need be. Another thing i do is line up outside the groove on the track. I'll line up where i don't see any rubber on the line and hope there is still traction compound in that area. Everyone says line up in the groove but once a car spins its tires it takes all the traction compound with it and puts down rubber on the line, then you have to launch on cold rubber.

one more thing to try to get traction is load the converter. If the track prep is real bad I'll load the converter as high as i can so it doesn't flash on the line. A 3800 launch to a 4100 launch can help a bit.