Ford F250 Diesel with all the gauges!

MustBBrent

So i get up to a light turning red and I am in a hurry anyway. BTW, this is last night and I was running to get a can of Copenhagen while my brother waited at the pool hall. Anyway, 3 Mexican chaps in a brand new Ford F250 with a triple gauge package like mine (only they have the Cobalt C2s you can tell by the blue LED hue, I wanted the IAT which is not made in Cobalt C2 yet) in the pillar pull up and race that diesel engine spitting black smoke everywhere. My guess is they had some mods, but I have no idea what. :confused:

Light turns green, and by the time I hit 2nd at 45 or so, I turned on my blinker and pulled in front of them. In the rear mirror, I see the 2 gents on the passenger side and in the rear hitting the driver on the head with ball caps and hands. :D

I laughed my ass off. Next light, they all pull along side and and let me know that I have 1 very fast truck off the line!

Grins are ear to ear. (Can't wait till that Turbo gets on it. :D )

you will have to be very careful on which diesels you decide to race these days. in my town there's a dually with a powerstroke running mid 11's in the quarter. if the damn thing wasn't moving so fast you'd probably lose the truck in the black smoke cloud.

Agreed. There is no doubt that I would have been hard pressed to keep that lead. But he missed the light, and I have a good stall, I used all that to my advantage before he could recover. ... Or it would have been a different story. No doubt. I am certain they had the tuning with an extra hundred ponies or so. But at 8k lbs, it still takes it a moment to get moving, and I took that moment to get in front. :D

Its scary how fast some of these guys are building these diesels now. :eek:

I was on the loosing end of a street race with a guy in a Duramax, I got him off the line (not a surprise considering the 40'' mudders he was running) but he ran me down like a 2 legged greyhound! Sounded like a damn jet taking off when he passed me! :eek:

Its all good, as long as the rice boys don't start dropping diesels into their cars and whoopin' me! :flag:

:wtf: Seen a 2002 F 250 4x4 Powerstroke at the track in Orangeburg S.C. on Friday night with at less a 10" lift and 35" mud boggers beat a 2001 C5 corvette. The driver of the vette was me and I ran a 8.56 at 91mph with .523 r/a time in the 8th mile. :cry:

I have cold air induction, corsa cat back exhaust, x-pipe, and my own personal ECM program. :fume:

Could not try him with my SS how about you guys ! :puke:

With a stall, the SS is DAMNED quick to about 50mph or so. All wheel drive, 400+hp and 4.10 gears. I can keep up with some vehicles you wouldn't believe to about 40-50mph. I just used those factors to get in front of an 8000lb vehicle with who knows, maybe 500-600hp, that needed some yardage to get moving but would be like a freight train once it got going. Like I said, I was smart enough to know my enemy and get in front of him before he knew what hit him. :D

You are correct, svtdrivr, With a few mods, some of those diesels are pushing 800 hp. That used to be reserved for NASCAR and high $$$dollar machines only. But these FORD 250s and 350s still weigh 4 tons or more. And it takes a lot of torque to overcome that and get it moving!!!

With a stall, the SS is DAMNED quick to about 50mph or so. All wheel drive, 400+hp and 4.10 gears. I can keep up with some vehicles you wouldn't believe to about 40-50mph. I just used those factors to get in front of an 8000lb vehicle with who knows, maybe 500-600hp, that needed some yardage to get moving but would be like a freight train once it got going. Like I said, I was smart enough to know my enemy and get in front of him before he knew what hit him. :D

You are correct, svtdrivr, With a few mods, some of those diesels are pushing 800 hp. That used to be reserved for NASCAR and high $$$dollar machines only. But these FORD 250s and 350s still weigh 4 tons or more. And it takes a lot of torque to overcome that and get it moving!!!

What's a stall????????????? and how much?

• 1 month later...
With a stall, the SS is DAMNED quick to about 50mph or so.  All wheel drive, 400+hp and 4.10 gears.  I can keep up with some vehicles you wouldn't believe to about 40-50mph.  I just used those factors to get in front of an 8000lb vehicle with who knows, maybe 500-600hp, that needed some yardage to get moving but would be like a freight train once it got going.  Like I said, I was smart enough to know my enemy and get in front of him before he knew what hit him.  :D 

You are correct, svtdrivr,  With a few mods, some of those diesels are pushing 800 hp.  That used to be reserved for NASCAR and high $$$dollar machines only.  But these FORD 250s and 350s still weigh 4 tons or more.  And it takes a lot of torque to overcome that and get it moving!!!

What's a stall????????????? and how much?

I agree what are you guys talking about when you say Stall off the line?

Jk

I'm quite sure he is referring to a higher stall speed torque converter for the transmission, i.e. Yank 3000 rpm stall. This puts you into a higher rpm range when taking off from a stop which also puts you higher up the horsepower curve. I'm not a transmission expert so I hope nobody nit picks my explanation.

:wtf: Seen a 2002 F 250 4x4 Powerstroke at the track in Orangeburg S.C. on Friday night with at less a 10" lift and 35" mud boggers beat a 2001 C5 corvette. The driver of the vette was me and I ran a 8.56 at 91mph with .523 r/a time in the 8th mile. :cry:

I have cold air induction, corsa cat back exhaust, x-pipe, and my own personal ECM program. :fume:

i ran a 8.2 in the 1/8 mile. bring him on :thumbs:

:wtf:  Seen a 2002 F 250 4x4 Powerstroke at the track in Orangeburg S.C. on Friday night with at less a 10" lift and 35" mud boggers beat a 2001 C5 corvette. The driver of the vette was me and I ran a 8.56 at 91mph with .523 r/a time in the 8th mile. :cry:

i ran a 8.2 in the 1/8 mile. bring him on :thumbs:

Better keep your bottle warm, though. :smash:

Archived