What Tire Gave You The Best Service?

SilveradoEsEs

I have a set of FEIRCE 275/55R20's on my truck. They were made by Goodyear. They have a great flame tread pattern, directional also. They handle and ride great. They were only about $130 each. The only problem is G/Y Discontinued them because they own Kelly Tires. Kelly took over the Feirce line and since they already had a tire in that sized the discontinued it :banghead: Goodyear has the Eagle GT which is pretty nice and Dunlop has a couple nice tires in that size. Thats what I sell at my shop.

• 3 weeks later...

definetly have to say the michelin ltx m/s are prob the best tires for a dd or anyone that needs to drive in snow, great smooth ride, no noise and so far great tread life( 20k only lost avg 4mm tread depth still have 8-9mm left)... went through two sets of gy eagle ls's, quite possibly the worst tire i have ever dealt with, quickly down to wear bars(30k) and also dry rotted and started to split after a year and a half. Tires always rotated every 2nd oil change(8-10k), alignment done every year

295/40-22 bfg kdw t/a......hands down one of the best tires when you're a driver who doesnt care about mileage or price, like me. Handles great. Outstanding traction. I got about 40k out of mine other may say less. I got lucky i guess.

285/45-22 nitto 420. I has my bfg's replaced with this since they didnt make my size anymore. Im not a big asian tire fan but i give it props. Handles good. nice thread design. Good traction.

Ive never had the ltx ms2 michelin tire on my own personal vehicle but im a tire sales man and from the reviews and thread life that ive seen it s the best dd tire.....

• 3 weeks later...

Just replaced my General Grabber UHPs (295/50/20) today with the Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus (305/50/20). Way more comfortable tire than the Generals. I knew the truck rode stiff with the UHPs, but I didn't realize just how bad until today. The truck rides so much smoother and quieter. The handling seems tighter and more responsive now too. The other thing I noticed is my truck doesn't wander all over the highway like it did with the Generals. That may just be because the Coopers are new and not broken in yet.

So far I'm very impressed. :thumbsup::fingersx:

The stock Goodyears on mine seemed to be out of round the day I drove it away from the dealership, I was more noticeable on different types of road surfaces, They seemed to hydroplane easily as well. I replaced them at 20,000 miles even though the tread was still fairly good.

I replaced them with stock size Pirelli Scorpion ATRs, The ride quality dramatically improved, and I have been very pleased compared with the Goodyears. I have not noticed any flat spotting, maybe due to where I'm located (NE TX). I like the tread pattern, and even put the white lettering outwards -----I know,I know, most here are blackwall fans, but I've always liked white lettering if the letter styling is good. Plus, I thought it gave some contrast to all the black. I have 8,000 miles on them so far, and have been very pleased.