Big Reds Build (Take 2)

kcsilveradoss

update: got the ARH headers on with no cats, and blower is now off. For anyone who hasn't seen these headers, they are unreal as far as fit/finish. I can get some installed pics if anyone wants them. Also took the maggie off and put the stock intake back on. Zippy is gonna fashion me a tune so she can make a 40 minute drive to her new home for the next 2-3 weeks to get some fab work done. When it gets back I most likely will jerk the motor out

arhheaders.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got the blower off and it went to its new home. got her put back to stock motor so I can take her out to House of boost to be fitted with one of their custom 8 rib setups. Then she comes back home so hopefully I can get some more done on her quickly

DSC00836.jpg

Looks like a really fun setup. You should sell that 408 though and buy my engine, it'd handle anything that F1r could throw at it with a good tuner ;). Good luck with the build, hopefully ill be able to do a pretty decent build on mine eventually.

Edited by ALTRDTA (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Update. The truck has been at House of Boost for about three weeks. I happened to buy my HPtuners from a guy from there, and when I was there we discussed the truck being a guinea pig for their dedicated drive/8 rib setups. This is essentially a tweaked TBSS kit they are mocking up for production for our trucks. Shaun and Jeremy out there have been a pleasure to deal with. I went out there today to swap out my new wheels and took a few quick pics. Bear in mind this is nowhere near finished as we are waiting on some more parts to arrive. Right now it is just in fitment stage, and blower is not the F1 and intercooler is about half the size of the one I am going to use. Couple of teasers for you.

BigRedHOB010.jpg

BigRedHOB008.jpg

BigRedHOB002.jpg

BigRedHOB001.jpg

• 8 months later...

Alright, first off, my apologies, it has been way too long. With the track closing here I completely lost interest in getting this done (along with life getting in the way). I will be shifting gears on this, and making some changes to the build. Picked this up locally today off of Craigslist of all places. Im hoping to have this thing burning fuel before end of summer. I miss just enjoying the truck.

lsxarrival4-15-12.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...