Big Reds Build (Take 2)

kcsilveradoss

ok, quick update, picked up a pretty good size air/air intercooler for this setup. Was wanting to got water/air but this was another deal i couldnt pass up, came with all piping, couplers, and clamps. dimensions are around 24" x 12" x 4" (let me know if you all think this is enough), got my other spare lq4 motor brought over to the house and am planning on scattering it Sunday. I could not remember the reason it became a core at my old job, but at first glance I found a broken valve spring on #8...here are a few pics of the parts..I am also going to go with a full cog setup. More to come when I find out the full condition of motor..After speaking to someone I trust fully (who may chime in if he wants to) it has been determined that a fully forged 408 will be the base of this deal.

On to the pics

60donormotor.jpg

blowercog.jpg

innercooler.jpg

intercoolerpiping.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

wow looks like a nice build. looks kinda like the set up im going with. only difference is im turboed. but ill have to upgrade to a pt88 this time. should run pretty good. just my opinion but id go with a 4l80? i smoked 2 built 60s in 2 years. im gathering parts for my 80 swap now. good luck. its going to scream.

wow looks like a nice build. looks kinda like the set up im going with. only difference is im turboed. but ill have to upgrade to a pt88 this time. should run pretty good. just my opinion but id go with a 4l80? i smoked 2 built 60s in 2 years. im gathering parts for my 80 swap now. good luck. its going to scream.

thanks, if/when I grenade this trans I'll go 4L80E