Big Reds Build (Take 2)

kcsilveradoss

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome build . i know there are a couple other similar setups (408/f1r/4l80) ss trucks like dozer and i thought there was one more that are capable tens easily. i wish i could ride in one to compare with how boost built bwteen the larger centr s/c compares to twin mid sized turbos. its weird transitioining from s/c - t/c thje boost and power feel nothing alike.

• 2 weeks later...

Shaun,

I'll do my best not to be discursive. I just wanted to stop in and say hi and good luck with the build.

Looks like you've got your hands full. That being said; this setup should turn out nice! I wish I was closer to help you.

Take care,

Derek

Shaun,

I'll do my best not to be discursive. I just wanted to stop in and say hi and good luck with the build.

Looks like you've got your hands full. That being said; this setup should turn out nice! I wish I was closer to help you.

Take care,

Derek

wow!, seeing you post here made my weekend. Miss having you around these parts (and by "these parts", i think you know what I mean :greddy: )

• 1 month later...

Any updates on the build?

Nothing new as of yet. I have had some personal things come up that needed my focus, plus I have been off of work for medical leave almost this whole month and have not been able to dedicate my disability to anything other than bills. Other than that, I have a few people interested in the longblock out of the truck as well as the intended block I have on the stand for the 408; so if those sell I will be purchasing a LSX block. I am so worried about doing this right the first time that I have not really made any moves. From the looks of it, I will be running the maggie setup with a few tweaks for nationals. I don't want Red to be down for that event, as she wants to meet all of those she has not yet, and I don't think I'm going to have ample time to finish now unless some big things happen.

Shaun

well good luck on what ever route you take. building it right the first time is important. even if it takes longer it will be worth it in the end. good luck at the meet. id like to make it someday. looks like a sweet event.

Funny thing happened. I have a guy that i know approach me tonight and is offering to sponsor my truck and give me the money to finish the build. We will see what happens here in the next few days.

he can sponsor me too!!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...